1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

25D wiring/relay questions

Discussion in 'Sno-Way Discussion' started by patterson, Jan 6, 2009.

1. patterson

patterson Junior Member

Hi everybody. Long time lurker, first time asker.

First, thanks to all of you folks who share your knowledge here. Between searching and reading, I've learned a ton about the smallest and most neglected part of my business. Thanks.

Anyway, I have an older 25D model that has been great for me so far. I've decided to hook up the auxilliary lights. The last guy with this vehicle and plow never bothered as the truck lights were enough for him. I believe in overkill whenever possible. I'm assuming I'm missing a relay box. I have the wiring harness that runs to the tower and the truck lights and then I have a handful of female connectors and no where to plug them.

My searching hasn't found me much about the relay or how to install it. Saw the newer EIS system. I'm wondering if I can get the relay I need or if the EIS sytem would work on my light tower or what would be the easiest/most trouble free approach for this.

I believe the wiring harness is a 99100196 and the vehicle is a 1987 Chevy Suburban 2500. Any advice would be greatly appreciated. Thanks, Matt

2. basher

basher PlowSite Fanatic
    from 19707

3. patterson

patterson Junior Member

Thanks Basher. I figured I was missing something but couldn't find anything that referred to it in my manual and had a lot of trouble just finding a part number for one. I'll try to track one down and get it hooked up.

Thanks for the help.

4. basher

basher PlowSite Fanatic
    from 19707

If you can not find one local let us know keep a ton in stock.:waving:

5. patterson

patterson Junior Member

Thanks Basher - that makes things slightly easier! I'll shoot you a message over at your business site. I appreciate the help.