1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

25D troubleshooting

Discussion in 'Sno-Way Discussion' started by DAYTONA Z, Sep 29, 2007.

1. DAYTONA Z

DAYTONA Z Member

Hello, back for another season. I'm getting ready to service the plow and try and fix a couple of problem that started the last time I plowed last spring. The plow would not hold in the up position and if you angle the plow in the down position the plow raises slightly. In fact 5 or 6 angle cycles and the plow is fully raised.

No signs of any leakage and the fluid level is up. Are the two problems related? I'm thinking a leaking or partially stuck open valve causing both problems.

Thanks in advance.

PS. never did get the lights to work, but I'll work on that later.

2. basher

basher PlowSite Fanatic
    from 19707

I'd start with a hung or dirty;
    spool valve. Page 16
    raise/ lower Page 15
    check. Page 15
    http://www.snoway.com/service/Fenner Repair/97100036A.pdf

Before I dis-assembled anything I'd drain it, refill with Meyer's Hydraflush, and operate repeatedly. Hydraflush has lubricant, penetrant, and desiccant properties, best product Meyer sells, often it will free up stuck or dirty valves, but remember to drain it and replace with a quality fluid before plowing snow. Hydraflush is compatible with all fluids

3. DAYTONA Z

DAYTONA Z Member

Thanks Basher!! I'm glad I wasn't to far off the mark with my idea what the problem is.
    I'll try and track down some Hydra flush. Last spring none of the Meyer dealers had it, some didn't even know what I was talking about.

4. DAYTONA Z

DAYTONA Z Member

Flushing cured those two problems but now I have a new one. The DP always cycled a little to often but I didn't have to use it much so I never worried about it.

Now with plow up. DP switch on, plow won't drop, motor runs. Turn DP switch off, lower plow slightly turn DP switch back on plow drops. Plow down DP switch on hit the down toggle and plow raises.

During one of those raises half way up the plow went into Dp mode and slammed plow down hard.
    Now any time plow is down with DP on it cycles constantly.

?????????????

5. basher

basher PlowSite Fanatic
    from 19707

DP valve, maybe you flushed something loose and it hung in the DP valve