1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

25D question***help***

Discussion in 'Sno-Way Discussion' started by antiqueplow, Dec 19, 2008.

1. antiqueplow

antiqueplow Junior Member
    from Indiana

Last year I bought a used 25D. It never did work right. It will lift up and gravity down. It will not power down, and it will not go left or right. When I push the joystick left or right, it goes up. Up, left, and right on the joystick all make it go up. I am stumped as was my local plow dealer. He and I both checked the coils. I think they are fine. Could it be the crossover valve sticking? I don't just want to throw parts at it. What are some easy tricks to troubleshoot? Any ideas would be great! Thanks!:

guns::gunsfiring::gunsfiring::gunsfiring:

2. toby4492

toby4492 2000 Club Member

3. basher

basher PlowSite Fanatic
    from 19707

Stuck spool valve for sure.

4. antiqueplow

from Indiana

Thanks for the responses fellas. I meant spool valve rather than crossover...oops. I have had that apart to clean, look, etc. I have not flushed the system. What is the best way to do that? Also, would it be beneficial to get a new spool valve? Do they wear? Again, I had it apart, but it always does the same thing...power up only... Is it common for the spool valve to stick in Sno ways?

5. basher

basher PlowSite Fanatic
    from 19707

No but it's a common reason for the problem you're having and common in units that have set idle particularly if they have been poorly maintained.

It could be a control issue. The unit defaults to the raise position. That means you could be getting nothing to the coils but the 12 volt motor solenoid is getting a signal. see what coils magnetize when you ask it to lower or angle. If you are getting not magnetism to any of the coils you have to start looking at harnesses, plugs and controls.

6. hydro_37

hydro_37 PlowSite Veteran
    from iowa

Check the solid blue colored wire. Mine had a bad connection and would only raise too.

7. basher

basher PlowSite Fanatic
    from 19707

Good possablity the blue wire controls the DP but should not effect the angle functions

8. antiqueplow

from Indiana

Thanks fellas!