1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

25D plow skins

Discussion in 'Sno-Way Discussion' started by 98mxz583, Dec 17, 2009.

1. 98mxz583

98mxz583 Junior Member

Well I blew a hole in the skin of my 25D. I guess 10 degrees and a chunk of ice was enough to finish it off. Anybody have an idea what a new skin should cost me? I would like steel but poly would work too. Thanks for the info.

2. hydro_37

hydro_37 PlowSite Veteran
    from iowa

ALOT from Sno-Way.
    I found replacement poly on Ebay last year for 1/2 the price

3. jpickett

jpickett Junior Member
    from ky

4' x 8' 1/8" lexan at my local plastics shop cost $80.

4. basher

basher PlowSite Fanatic
    from 19707

Lexen or plexiglass? that seems awful cheap for lexan.

5. jpickett

jpickett Junior Member
    from ky

It is Lexan. I get it at wholesale prices through my acrylic company. I think that retail on it still is right around 160 bucks.

6. 98mxz583

98mxz583 Junior Member

I got the stainless skin from the dealer for $160 so now I don't have to worry about the lexan anymore.

7. rtk023

rtk023 Junior Member

I am going to get my broken lexon replaced at the local plow shop in my town. It is $250 installed and they are using polycarbonate plastic which i guess is stronger than lexon. but they are also on ebay for like $190 plus $100 shipping.

8. Ryan McEachern

Ryan McEachern Junior Member

Sounds good. Just FYI - Lexan is a brand name of polycarbonate. There are many other companies that also make polycarbonate. Pretty cool product, if it is thick enough it is very strong (think bulletproof windows), but it can be very useful in thin form too. If you get a really thin sheet you can use a brake and bend it just like steel.

For snowplow skins high density polyethylene might be a better fit, might want to discuss it with your plastic supplier.