1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

25D Light Harness

Discussion in 'Sno-Way Discussion' started by vdaudino, Oct 24, 2007.

1. vdaudino

vdaudino Junior Member

I just picked up a used 25D and the plow works great. I'm having a problem getting the lights to work. The previous owner had a collision on the passenger side. The auto body shop that fixed his truck cut part of the light harness off. I have everything connected but one wire. It is a black wire on the passenger side with no end on it. I'm hoping that I can figure this out so that I don't need to purchase a new harness. I have a 2000 Chevy Tahoe 4X4 new body stile. The harness is off a 2000 GMC Sierra 1500 4X4.

The wire I'm holding is the black wire. I just lengthened it with a purple wire.

Thanks for any Help.

IMG_0202.jpg

IMG_0201.jpg

2. basher

basher PlowSite Fanatic
    from 19707

Is there a Part number tag on the harness anywhere?

The only black wire I can think of in a light harness is the ground that connects to the relays. but there should be more then one unatacheed wire if that's the case.

Does your harness have 2 relays or one?

It should be a 991000529 harness on that truck, which should have two relays.

http://www.snoway.com/service/LightKits/97100798A.pdf

3. vdaudino

vdaudino Junior Member

The part #tag on my harness is: 96102993

I only have one unattached wire, and one relay on the drivers side. Are you sure of the harness number? My locale dealer said that I need a 99100197 harness with a 99100411 adapter kit.

I sometimes have problems with part numbers for my truck. Chevy did a half year switch on my model. Some trucks are the old stile and my truck is the new one. Sometimes its easy er to check the 2001 part number. I just want to make sure because I can't return it after purchase. I've given up on the harness I have and want to pick up a new one tomorrow.

I forgot to mention, I live in Canada and my truck has day time running lights. The day time running lights are not on the headlights. They are a separate light under the headlights.

Thank you

Last edited: Oct 25, 2007
  4. basher

basher PlowSite Fanatic
    from 19707

I had this backward :eek: YOU HAVE the Chevy, the 0197/411 is correct.

The 2000 GMC uses the 0529/592. so the headlight harness that came with the plow is wrong, Chevy didn't change to the 529/592 till 03.

Sorry:blush2: I was thinking you had the GMC.

Your DRL will operate as normal.

5. vdaudino

vdaudino Junior Member

Thanks Basher,

Do you have a price for the 0197/411?

6. vdaudino

vdaudino Junior Member

I found the harness and adapter kit 99100197 + 99100411 in Buffalo NY. $123.00 for the harness and $77.94 for the adapter kit. The price was double in Canada.

I checked the serial numbers on my plow A frame 25D108199 and Lights ALC111502. I just wanted to conform that these harnesses are correct hopefully without being a pain in the @$$.

Thank You once again

7. vdaudino

vdaudino Junior Member

:waving: Thanks for your help, I'm all ready for the snow.

IMG_0260.jpg

IMG_0259.jpg

8. basher

basher PlowSite Fanatic
    from 19707

Looks great!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

9. vdaudino

vdaudino Junior Member

I would like to change the hydraulic fluid. What type and how much do I need?

10. basher

basher PlowSite Fanatic
    from 19707

2 Qts, snoway fluid, or any of the premium plow fluids (Meyer, Western, Fisher, boss) which ever is easiest to find. Flushing with Meyer's Hydraflush between drain and refill is never a bad idea.