1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

250hd?

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself to the Community' started by JK828, Jan 12, 2008.

1. JK828

JK828 Junior Member

I just installed a fisher 8'HD MM2 plow on my 06 Chevy 2500HD. When I lift the plow the front end only drops 1" . Should I still consider adding Timbrens to help with the extra weight or leave it as is?

2. Gerry125

Gerry125 Senior Member

Timbrens is the way to go

3. GL&M

GL&M Senior Member
    from PA

If it only drops and inch you don't have anything to worry about. Add some weight in the back of the truck to level it out. The weight also helps in the traction department.

4. ChevKid03

ChevKid03 Senior Member

Add the Timbrens anway.... can't go wrong for $160.

5. JK828

JK828 Junior Member

Thanks for the info. I am ordering the timbrens.

6. If the weight of the plow doesn't lower the front of the truck, why make any adjustments to the suspension? My 8' Diamond barely makes any difference at all on my 2002 F-250 so I only add weight in the rear. In fact, I added additional leaves in the rear to raise the back of my truck to bring it level (rear suspension sags).

I'm very happy with the front suspension of the truck so far. Maybe sometime down the road the front will lose some of its "spring" but only then will I add something like Timbrens.

7. shovelracer

shovelracer Senior Member

Ford and chevy are two different animals. I have one of each. The 04 F250 is fine in the front with the plow prep package. I added air bags to the rear, but for other reasons although it does help level it. The 01 2500HD on the other hand started out handling a 8' western pretty good, but not as good as the ford. Eventually the torsion bars started to fatigue and the ride height started to change. It would even bottom out the plow mount on occasion while driving. I added timbrens last year and most of the problems are relieved. It is still a low truck thus making it not as adept to plowing driveway transitions and speed bumps although it does scrape hard pack better for some reason. Anyways timbrens are worth it on the chevy, but no need for the ford. Maybe the 05+ coil models are different.