1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

2500HD w/plowprep

Discussion in 'Chevy Trucks' started by haysaver, Oct 2, 2011.

1. haysaver

haysaver Junior Member

Wondering the best way to find the pre wired harness for a warning light. Can I find it through the cab brake light or just have to take the B post apart?

2. Raconteur

Raconteur Senior Member
    from MA

3. HDPOWER

HDPOWER Junior Member

On my 2011 it was under the map light overhead console. I then fished it through to the third brake light.

4. MikeRi24

MikeRi24 Senior Member

its up in the headliner. they give you a ton of extra wire. You should just be able to pull the A-pillar cover off and pull the headliner down just enough to reach in there with a straightened out coat hanger and pull it over to you. Next, remove the 3rd brake light, run a piece of mechanics wire through to pop out on the drivers side, tape your wire to it and pull it out the 3rd brake light. Splice your wires in (green is power brown is ground I think), and thread it back though so your connections are inside.

5. chevyzrule810

chevyzrule810 PlowSite.com Addict

In my 2006 it was up in the headliner by the b pillar above the rear window