1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

2500HD vs C-9

Discussion in 'Meyer / Diamond Products Discussion' started by MKC, Nov 10, 2009.

1. MKC

MKC Junior Member

Hey all, just got off the phone with my Meyers dealer and trying to get mounting carton PN 17111. He had the part. but he also stated that Meyer did not recommend installing this plow on a 01 Chevy 2500HD, gas engine, 6.0 L, weak in the spings kind of deal for the weight of the plow. Does anyone run this plow on thier 2500, or F250. Does anyone have any recomendations to help. I have everything I need for the plow, except for the mounting carton, which kind of bummed me out. Thanks a million.

2. pushinsno

pushinsno Member

I have a 2002 2500 chevy avalanche with a c-8 meyers on it and there is just shocks on the front there is no springs and the truck handles the weight just fine, but im gonna but some timbrens anyways just for the normal leveling of the truck

3. jmassi

jmassi Senior Member

Install a set of Timbrens on the front and you'll be fine.ussmileyflag

4. SnowMatt13

SnowMatt13 PlowSite.com Addict

The diference in weights between a 8' and 9' plow is very minimal compared with the over-all weight. I think you would do just fine. Make sure you have the correct load range on your tires and timbrens would help any sag too.
    Just walk into your dealer with cash and ask him if it's recommended now......payup

5. naturalgreen

naturalgreen Senior Member

u will be fine im running almost 1000 lbs up front and mine handles it fine
    I added timbrens cause I love em

6. SnowMatt13

SnowMatt13 PlowSite.com Addict

Also, a big factor is the operator of the vehicle....
    My 01 2500HD had a 8'6" on it and pushed just fine. You have to know the limitations.

7. MKC

MKC Junior Member

2500 vs C-9

Thanks guys. I am going to call and get it ordered today. I am also ordering some tembrens as well. One of these day when I'm rich, I'll get one of those poly V's. Thanks again for the response.