1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

2500HD Silverado vs. 2500HD Sierra

Discussion in 'Chevy Trucks' started by Mad Dog, Jun 29, 2006.

1. Mad Dog

Mad Dog Junior Member
    from Vermont

Are there any factual reasons why I would should buy a 2003-2005 Chevy 2500HD over a GMC 2500HD ?:help:

2. salopez

salopez Senior Member

cause you like the headlights?

3. Turfmower

Turfmower Senior Member

GMCs look better than Chevys. Other than grill, headlight and few trim parts they are the same

4. PLOWMAN45

PLOWMAN45 2000 Club Member

i hear gmc's are bullt heavier duty

5. Frozen001

Frozen001 Senior Member
    from Rome NY

GMC and CHEVY have ALL the same components under their skin... go with which ever one you like.

The real differences is in what is standard and optional in the trucks. Many time the GMC will have something standard where the Chevy it will be an option. But in recent years their packages are starting to line up more.

6. cet

cet PlowSite Fanatic

I just bought a 2004 Chev. Same person I have gotten my last three trucks from. He gives me a good deal and I rent space from him. I would have loved to get the GMC though. I think it has a nicer grill and lights.

7. c.schulz

c.schulz Senior Member

Its more of a stying thing and options.Chevy typicaly is a little cheaper but also has less detail opions of the base models.

Chris

8. TTA89

TTA89 Member

They are built on the same line, they have the EXACT same options. There is nothing extra or standard you get from the factory on a GMC over a Chevy. The GMC costs a few hundred more typically and in this case you are paying for the name.

The colors are even the same, they are just called different names. I'd say buy whatever you can get the better deal on or whoever treats you better on your trade. payup

9. Mad Dog

Mad Dog Junior Member
    from Vermont

Final answer 2500 HD Chevy or GMC

Thanks for all the opinions and info. Ended up with an '05 2500 HD Chevy - gas. Loaded to the gills ...even stuff I didn't really need...like pwr seats, alloy wheels. 13400 miles on it, and warranty until Oct '08. Price seemed right. Haven't had a new truck in 20 years (still have my '87) !!! This is more like a cadillac than a truck. Hope it works as hard as the '87.

Now I need a new plow. I don't want to hack the front air dam. Boss dealer says he doesn't have to. Mount hangs pretty low, but talked to some guys who have them an like them ok. I have a long nasty driveway (600') in VT and do some neighbors' also to help them out. Any advice??