1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

2500HD Rear Brakes

Discussion in 'Chevy Trucks' started by TrailK10, Oct 27, 2003.

1. TrailK10

TrailK10 Member
    from NH

Went to change the rear pads on my truck the other day can't seem to fit a ratchet and the torx bit between the leaf spring and get a bite on the top caliper bolt is there a special tool for fitting in there? any suggestions would be great thanks

2. Dan S.

Dan S. Member

Try using a breaker bar, they are not as thick as a rachet or if your torx bit is hex shaped you can use an end wrench to grab it, if all else fails you can always resort to vise grips!

3. M.C.A.

M.C.A. Member
    from WI

Remove lower torx bolt & rotate cliper up. The caliper will then slide off caliper mount with upper torx bolt still attached. I replaced mine last week. Check back side of rotors, problems with the inside brake pad surface rusting on passenger side. Make sure calipers slide free, lube slides.

4. TrailK10

TrailK10 Member
    from NH

thanks alot for the advice will give it another shot today