1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

2500HD power for plow

Discussion in 'Boss Plows Discussion' started by haysaver, Sep 30, 2011.

1. haysaver

haysaver Junior Member

Just installed my Boss plow and am looking for a good place to get switched power for the joystick in the cab. Looked at the fuse box but unable to find a switched fuse big enough? Thinking about pulling the wire back to fuse pannel under the hood and hooking up there.

2. MikeRi24

MikeRi24 Senior Member

I'll take a look and see where mine goes tomorrow.

3. Deckscapes

Deckscapes Senior Member

Down by the floorboard on the left there is a SEO accessory panel where you can attach to switch activated hot taps. Its where most brake controllers will attach. Should be a black box just above the floor on the firewall, with the cover generally held on by a plastic pin connector

4. haysaver

haysaver Junior Member

I saw that but there is suposed to be some wires under the dash in the center some where. GM upfitters say to look for them center under the dash but I don't seem to find them.

5. REAPER

REAPER 2000 Club Member
    from 60050

Here is a picture of my air line for front air shocks and electrical going in. George @ Wicked Warnings(dissociative) drilled and used a new grommet @ firewall entry. I circled that. If you look to the lower right a bit you can see where the factory loom goes in.

He ran a separate fused wire from the battery for plow controls there. Should be same place on your truck. Thumbs Up

View attachment Tee fitting.bmp