1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

2500hd plow height help needed asap

Discussion in 'Truck & Equipment Repair' started by jkopec, Dec 14, 2009.

1. jkopec

jkopec Junior Member

Hi everyone. I just installed a western poly plow on my chevy 2500hd 2002 and the plow is not that far off the ground. also the bottom of the plow frame is very low and i think it will scrap when i pull into parking lots when the plow is up. any ideas on how to make it higher or was something hooked up wrong.

also the turn singles work but can't get the lights to turn on on the plow frame any quick resolutions to that or just go thru the wiring again. thanks again in advance

2. FordFisherman

FordFisherman PlowSite.com Addict
    from 06611

Try posting in the Chevy forum, you may get a faster reply. I'm pretty sure you have to crank the torsion bars, but not sure how you do it.

3. no lead

no lead PlowSite.com Addict

timbren load boosters will help.

4. brad96z28

brad96z28 PlowSite.com Addict

Crank up ur torsion bars1 Atleast make sure ur truck is level before putting on the plow. And dont forget to add ur balast. I run a 900 lb xv plow on my truck and I dont use or need timbrens.

5. AGMI

AGMI Member
    from NE Mass

I have all chevys and every fall my mechanic adjusts all the torsion bars for this reason.