1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

2500hd NEW style dashboard ??

Discussion in 'Chevy Trucks' started by scottL, Jun 15, 2007.

1. scottL

scottL PlowSite.com Addict

Hey Guys,

I just ( FINALLY ) got my new truck in after a long ( VERY long ) order period. Cool rig - by far. However, I need to wire up my lights and want to use and open slot on the dashboard for the toggles. Sooooo, Does any know -or- have a diagram on how to remove the dashboard on this new style 2500HD ??? There is a center section between the steering wheel and lower glove compartment that looks like it's own piece. ( Very tightly packed dash! )

Thanks!

2. 02DURAMAX

02DURAMAX PlowSite.com Addict

sorry can't help you with your question....but canyou post some pic of your truck...I would like to see it...also you like 5miles away from me...Hanover Park, IL:waving: :waving:

3. scottL

Yep - can post some pictures a little later. The rig is very sharp - everyone at the dealer and my neighbors call it a freight train. ( It's a 2500hd, crew, long bed, 4x4. My last was a 3500 from 1997 but, this new truck just has a nicer profile ).

4. Favatts

Favatts Member
    from CNY

ScottL,
    I just got my new HD this past week. 2007 2500HD ext cab shortbox with the 6.0. Did you get the diesel or the gas motor? If you got the gas how do you like the new 6 speed tranny? I would love to see some pics of yours. I will also try to get some pics up of mine.
    Favatts

5. scottL

In the summer I run med for a number of bike races so, I'm trying to get 'er wired quickly.

I got the 6.0 gas with 6 speed auto. So, far she seems like she's has a ton of power. Very quite even with the windows down. I'll give a more detailed pros/cons in about a week or two.

Right now I'm going through the wiring for roof led light bar, dash light, four corner strobes and back and side slim led's not too mention air horns. I'll do a write up on it as I found so far, it's all a very tight fit!!!!!

6. Favatts

Favatts Member
    from CNY

Sounds like your busy with your new truck. What kind of plow are you going to put on her?
    The reason I asked about the tranny is sometimes it feels like I'm in the wrong gear and has lack of power until it shifts then it throws me through the seat. I notice this mostly after slowing down a bit then getting back on the gas. Do you feel this at all or just me?
    Thanks,
    Favatts

7. scottL

I'm reading through the owners manual - which was obviously written by some third world group. However, yes I do have this shifting issue too. From what I can gather the book talks about it's intelligent shifting. It compares your vehicle load, speed and it's ability to maintain the speed. From there the trans and engine are adjusted. I thought that there might also be a play in the engine going into power saver mode too but, there is suppose to be a console indicator when that happens. I have noticed first gear is a short launch. I'm glad I did not get the 4.11 gear - can't image how wild that would have been!

I found with the snowplow prep there is an extra over head button for a built in wiring provision for a top mounted light bar - very cool. However, I have not figured out where this extra wiring outlet actually is.

As for plow I'll end up with either a sno-way V or a boss V.

8. Favatts

Favatts Member
    from CNY

The wiring for the roof light is above the headliner close to the center dome light usually on the driver side. At least thats where it was on my 04. Good luck

9. harley hauler

harley hauler Senior Member

I just picked my 07 2500hd c/c s/b LT2 6.0 two weeks ago and I love it what a nice riding truck the 6.0 has plenty of power and the new 6 speed is incredible you don't feel the truck shift at all! plus it's got a 3.73 rear end at 75-80 on the highway with the 6 sp it's taching around 15-1700 rpm. I got to figure out how to get my pics in here to show her off

10. scottL

Tomorrow I should have all my wiring wrapped up. To get the strobes into the front head lights was quite a job. Had to take off the radiator cover, front grill, both side grill supporting brackets and three bolts on the lights and slide in a rotated fashion. While doing this I noticed the impressively sized front chrome bumpers are actually plastic - you can even see where the die was cut from the mold - disappointed in this.