1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

2500hd lights out...

Discussion in 'Chevy Trucks' started by 86CrewcabK30, Jun 15, 2005.

1. 86CrewcabK30

86CrewcabK30 Junior Member
    from iowa

I bought a used 2002 2500 hd about 6 weeks ago and love the truck. My problem is that my roof marker lights and fog lights have quit working. The fog lamp fuse is ok. I was wondering if anyone else has had this problem or if you know what to check next. Any help will be appreciated as the truck is leaving day after tomorrow for a trip across South Dakota and they are killer (DOT) about out of state trucks having everything working. I can't find anything referencing the roof lights in the owners manual as far as what fuse to check and just happened to notice the fog lamps would not work and thought maybe they were on the same fuse. I really don't care if I get the fog lights working, but the roof lights would be a help! Thanks in advance!

2. PLM-1

PLM-1 Senior Member

I could be wrong, but i don't think DOT cares about roof markers on a 3/4ton. A dually is another story tho.

3. 86CrewcabK30

from iowa

Good to know that, but I would rather not take chances. And it would sure be nice to have them work.

4. lawnmedic

lawnmedic Senior Member

I believe that the roof lights are fused off of the trailer running lights circuit which is located under the hood in the electrical box on the driver side fender. The locations are marked on the lid...

5. 86CrewcabK30

from iowa

I found it last night. It was a 10 amp fuse in the inside fusebox. Both the fog lamps and the roof markers are on the same fuse. Guess I must have missed one when I was checking them!