1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

2500hd lift pics

Discussion in 'Equipment, Tools & Vehicle Pictures' started by CAT420, Feb 19, 2009.

1. CAT420

CAT420 Senior Member

I just bought a kit that comes with the torsion keys that allows up to 3 inches in the front and and it comes with 2' blocks for the rear, it was $170 i thought it was a good deal, i am wondering if anyone else has this or something similiar and if they could post pictures please..thanks

this is what i bought http://store.fatbobsgarage.com/shar...680137276&CategoryID=7035&Target=products.asp is the third one down..let me know if you think it was worth it
  2. Burkartsplow

Burkartsplow PlowSite Veteran

link just goes to webpage.now it works
  3. William B.

William B. Senior Member
    from S.E. IA

I hope you are getting longer shocks. The problem with those new torsion key style lifts is that when you raise the front end more, you are actually getting limited travel because of the shocks. Read this link about doing this style of lift. IN a couple months I plan on buying the Cognito leveling kit which is a better alternative.

4. simoncx

simoncx Senior Member

5. CAT420

CAT420 Senior Member

that was pretty interesting. i will have to see and cross my fingers now thanks will
  6. Mark13

Mark13 PlowSite Fanatic

Kinda late now but I've heard good things about the cognito leveling kit's for the gm hd's. More money though (5 bills or more) but it seems like a better system.

I know dieseld on here is running it on his lbz dmax.
  7. CAT420

CAT420 Senior Member

yea i couldnt really afford the cognito one but that seems to be the best according to the last few posts, i should have posted before i bought i guess...thanks and sorry this isnt turning out to be a picture thread
  8. Bdeal

Bdeal Junior Member

Here is my 2003 Chevy 2500hd with level keys and 2" blocks.

9. CAT420

CAT420 Senior Member

thats looks awesome have you had any problems with any part in the front end like the grease boots splitting like i have heard? Also what size tires are you running? 245s?
  10. Schwinn68

Schwinn68 Senior Member

looks like he is running 265's The crew I'm going to plow with all has green keys and 2" lift blocks and run 285 mud terrains. They don't seem to have any problems with this system. It allows them the height to get over most any curb or sidewalk without bottoming out. I'm pretty sure I'll be doing the same to my truck very soon. I've already got the bilstein shocks so all I need are the keys and the lift blocks. Also very important to get an alignment after adjusting your ride height like this.
  11. CAT420

CAT420 Senior Member

well i put the lift in about two weeks ago and i love it...no problems so far and it was pretty easy to install let me know what you think..heres a before when i first bought my truck and after

12. CAT420

CAT420 Senior Member

ooops i did them backwards obviously the second picture is the before and taken with a good camera and the first is the after and taken with my crap phone
  13. fulltiltwill

fulltiltwill Senior Member

hey Bdeal

Hey Bdeal
    What kind of wings are those on your plow?
  14. Bdeal

Bdeal Junior Member

CAT 420 truck looks good. I'm running 265,no problems so far. Fulltiltwill they are meyer wings.
  15. EGLC

EGLC PlowSite.com Addict

that looks really good man, what did it cost you? did you install it yourself? I have an identical truck, 'cept that mines dark green.
  16. tls22

tls22 PlowSite Veteran

looks real good :drinkup:
  17. K1500 4x4

K1500 4x4 Senior Member

nice truck i love those gmc 2500HD's im picking up a 1999 dodge ram 2500 v8 and getting rid of my heep. im right in medway, MA
  18. CAT420

CAT420 Senior Member

dont know who your talking to you but ill answer it also, the kit i bought was 170 dollars for everything and i installed it my self it took about 2 hours for the rear and two for the front given i have never done it before and the torsion bars were rusted pretty good

Thanks i like your truck as well
  19. CAT420

CAT420 Senior Member

nice im right next door in bellingham, i work part time at the horse farm off of summer street you know where that is?
  20. FteNelson

FteNelson Member

i service the groundwater treatment plant at medway block
    HATE that job man
    every time i manage to rip a tyvek suit or two while cleaning the oil water separator :dizzy:

hell im a ford guy but nice trucks guys :drinkup: