1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

2500HD Gear selector

Discussion in 'Chevy Trucks' started by Columbia Turf, Feb 8, 2003.

1. Columbia Turf

Columbia Turf Junior Member

Anybody having trouble with a frozen gear selector onthe 2500 HD's?? Mine would not move this morning. Went by the dealer and they said another guy in town had had the same problem. Seems as though its the boot at the transmission. It gets torn or worn and lets moisture in and it freezes. Seems like its always somthin.

2. rec067

rec067 Member

I have the duramax with allison trans. It gets very hard to move when cold. We have had trouble with the NSBS the boot your referring to helps stop that problem but quite afew have had to have that NSBS replaced(under waranty) because moisture is finding its way in anyway. There are two styles one black and one tan. I believe the tan one is the more advanced one for our applications. You can search on the diesel page, under 2500/3500 drivetrain. They discuss gas and diesel set ups.

3. mdb landscaping

mdb landscaping Senior Member

never had that problem. ive been plowing really frequently lately, and we have had subzero temps, and it always works fine.

4. D&S ServicesNJ

D&S ServicesNJ Junior Member

a person i know just got a 2500 hd and had problems with the transmission it was skipping for some reason but i guess they fixed it now.