1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

2500HD Front Upper Diff Mount Broke!

Discussion in 'Chevy Trucks' started by Mxrider069, Jan 24, 2012.

1. Mxrider069

Mxrider069 Member

Found this lil guy when i had my truck up on the lift yesterday doing an oil change and checking things over. Im willing to bet alot of these trucks out there have this problem and they go unnoticed. My truck had no symptoms of this being broken. Both the front and back sides of it are cracked, just couldnt get my phone in there to take the picture clearly.

This morning i fabbed up some gussets to get welded in so this will NEVER happen to me again. Ill post pics when its all done.

Sorry for the crappy pic, But check your trucks men, catch it before its to late!

I can make these gussets for you to get welded in as i already took the time to fit them, Let me know!

NICHOLS LANDSCA PlowSite Veteran

Not uncommon, while you're fabbing you should make yourself some frame gussets. Use the search
  3. Mxrider069

Mxrider069 Member

Yea i made the frame gussets over the summer and had them welded in for piece of mind.
  4. lilweeds

lilweeds PlowSite.com Addict

Grab some after pics as well. I need to make these for mine.
  5. Mxrider069

Mxrider069 Member

I will be sure to have them posted up when its done.