1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

2500HD Front Frame Size

Discussion in 'Chevy Trucks' started by Terrasnow, Nov 5, 2003.

1. Terrasnow

Terrasnow Junior Member
    from NY

:confused:

Here's a question for those in the know...

Just looked under the front of a 2004 K1500 and a 2004 K2500HD. I was comparing the front frame gauge and dimensions to my old 91 K1500.

To me, it looked like the front frame size/strength was the same between the K1500 and the K2500HD... you know, where the plow mount would go! Additionally, the control arms looked the same.

It was dark, granted, but am I imagining things? I could see GM calling it a HD for the drivetrain/brakes differences and not structure.

2. Crash935

Crash935 2000 Club Member

The frames are different between the 1500, 2500LD and the 2500HD. If i remember right there is a difference in torsion bars also. It doesnt look like it if you just look under there, but if your trying to fit plow pieces and parts under there you will see the differnce.

3. Arc Burn

Arc Burn PlowSite.com Addict

Not sure about the gauge but a 1500HD and 2500 and 2500HD all use the same Fisher plow mount brackets.

4. wyldman

wyldman Member

Sorry Arc,but they don't use the same mounts.The 2500 HD is different.They are very similar,but there is one section of frame that's a little different.

5. Arc Burn

Arc Burn PlowSite.com Addict

Listen mister:D LOL,just kiddin!I know nothing about the 04' but as far as FISHER plow mounts go 01'-02' 1500HD,2500 and 2500HD ALL use the same 7161 mount and the 03' models use a 7169 mount,I'm not saying the frames are exact but they use the same mount.

Uh-oh,i just disagreed with someone,will my post be deleted:confused: :D
    Chris,i'm only looking at the book and not the actual mount,I don't think they are different?

6. wyldman

wyldman Member

Actually you are right Arc.It was me who misread the post.I was referring to the 91 K2500 he mention earlier,and he wanted info on the newer models.My bad. :eek: