1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

2500HD duramax with fisher ez v ?

Discussion in 'Chevy Trucks' started by macheezmo37, Dec 30, 2007.

1. macheezmo37

macheezmo37 Junior Member

i just bought a 2005 extended cab duramax with an 8' bed because i wanted a good reliable diesel truck. i already have and 8'6" fisher ez v plow that i would like to put on this truck. I have heard that this might be a little heavy for this truck which makes no sense to me but am looking for opinions on this .
    does anyone have this type of plow on this truck and how does it handle.
    any advice would be helpful. i really dont want to buy another plow.

2. TEX

TEX Senior Member

i would say the maine problem with the chevy is the IFS. im not a chevy man but maybe set of timbrens would help the truck. and some weight in the bed too.

3. cubanb343

cubanb343 Senior Member
    from ERIE

that plow will work great- i use an 8.5 EZ-V on a duramax dump, and it is perfect- they say it's heavy for the ext cab 3/4 tons because of the possibility of passengers. don't bring 5 friends with you plowing and crank your torsion bars. you'll be just fine

4. niv

niv Member
    from midwest

You will be just fine you will love the setup.Nice purchase Good Luck and Congrats!!

5. J&R Landscaping

J&R Landscaping PlowSite.com Addict

I know of a few people with 2500hd gm trucks running 9'2 boss V plows. I would think you'd be fine.

6. kmwharley

kmwharley Member

if memory serves me a 9.2 boss v is less weight than a 8.5 fisher v....anyway i have a crew cab duramax with a 8.5 extreme v no problems. I did have on timbrens on which worked good then when firestone cam out with the air shocks earlier in the season put them on and they are awesome! You will be fine with that plow on that truck.

7. mac7095

mac7095 Junior Member

i have a 2003 2500 hd 6.6l 8 foot bed extended cab 4 door with 8.6 v plow with alittle sand in the back she plows at an idle

8. plowman4life

plowman4life Senior Member

i have an extreme V on my silverado idk what the weight difference is between the extreme and the EZ but im guessing they are close and mine is fine. i also put timbrens on it. and the 1.5yd sander in the back levels it out.

Last edited: Jan 16, 2008