1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

2500HD Crew cab with Dmax

Discussion in 'Chevy Trucks' started by No Moa, Oct 4, 2006.

1. No Moa

No Moa Junior Member

Hello all, just stopped in, some one over at GM-Trucks.com said i might get some answers here.
    I am buying (if they ever come out) a new body style 07 GMT 900 2500 HD Crew. I would really like to buy the new Dmax, but i plow 2 large parking lots. I know GM says no on the plow and a Dmax, but my mechanic says it will hold it fine, as long as i don't drive around with it all winter. I plow the lots and my driveway, then i take it right off, don't go more than 10 miles round trip with it on my truck.
    Right now i have a 03 2500HD crew with a 6.0 and a brand new 8 Fisher Xblade. What should i expect if i hang my 8 footer of that front of that crew with the Dmax?
    Any help would be great.
    Thanks
    No Moa

2. lodogg89

lodogg89 Senior Member

people hang anything on them, they are fine, throw some timbrens on their as well, works fine.

3. snyps

snyps Senior Member

Just as an FYI chevy will not have a new body style on the 900 platform in 07. The 3/4 and 1 tons are setup for 08. the 1/4 ton is an 07.

4. rjm022

rjm022 Member

the 07 chevy's on the dealer lots now are called silverado classics.

5. No Moa

No Moa Junior Member

The new body style will be out in Feb of 07, in the 25 and 3500 series as a late 07, i don't think it will be an 08 in Feb? But that is what i have read at GM-TRUCKS.COM and GMINSIDERNEWS.COM, and from my dealer who i talked to on Friday. But i will double check.

6. NoFearDeere

NoFearDeere PlowSite.com Addict

I think it was the Silverado 1500 Classic being released now and the 2500HD and 3500HD being released in fall 2007. You will be fine hangin that plow on the front of the Duramax. That will be a beast!:)

7. Antnee77

Antnee77 PlowSite.com Addict
    from RI

You'll be fine with that 8' X Blade. Just make sure you have proper ballast and a set of Timbrens can't hurt.

8. flykelley

flykelley 2000 Club Member

Guys for those of you who have been around Plowsite for awhile you all know I work for GM at the Full Size Truck Plant in Pontiac MI. We will start building the GMT 900 in Jan after xmas shutdown. I drove a new 2500HD ext cab with the DD and the Ali trans tonight and was it fun. You guys will be happy with it, and it will be titled as a 2007.

Regards Mike

9. snyps

snyps Senior Member

Guess I was wrong, the press release I read from GM on GM-Trucks.com said that the heavy duty will not be out untill 08.

10. flykelley

After working for GM for 29 years you find out that most of the time the left hand doesn't know what the right hand is doing. I'm just sharing with you the info we get at the plant which is we will be building the GMT 800 till the week of Dec 18th then we go down to xmas break a week early and come back 3 days later than normal. When we come back on Jan 9th we will be building the GMT 900. We were also told that once again that we will be the only plant building the HD truck along with the 3500 Cab and Chassis. The other plants will be able to build it but starting out Pontaic Assembly Center will be the only plant building that product.

Regards Mike

11. Yaz

Yaz PlowSite.com Addict
    from NH

flykelley you have my dream job!

12. flykelley

I am thankfull to have a great job like this, it took 29 years of senority to get this job but its like playing with all of the toys a man could want. Its really alot of fun when you are working on a new toy like right now. Now if I could only get them to let me take a new truck home overnight.

Regards Mike

13. No Moa

No Moa Junior Member

well that is good to know,i feel better about ordering the new truck now.

So when do you think they will start letting us order the 2500 and larger trucks? Nov or Dec?

14. flykelley

Hi No Moa
    I would think you should be able to order by Nov, like I said after the first of the year we start building them as saleable units. The more I get to drive one the more I like them.

Regards Mike

15. No Moa

No Moa Junior Member

Thank for the tip, i'll be looking forward to your reports!! :)

16. Ripple

Ripple Member

Topic

Back on topic....

I dont know how the 2008 model year trucks will be configured but 2001-present day duramax is a great plow truck for commercial use!

I dont think Gm likes putting a Fisher on Crew Cabs and Ext cabs because of weight.

My duramaxes with Fisher plows are all Reg cabs. I have timbrens in the front and I use the recommended ballast in the back.

I have plowed in all sorts of trucks from Dodge cummins, ford powerstrokes, to Mack trucks....I 'd take the Duramax Diesel with Fisher plow over ANY other setup!

17. No Moa

No Moa Junior Member

I was reading on the new LMM duramax, and some of the reading is not to my liking, so this morning i bought a 07 GMC Classic 2500HD with a Dmax, i like the new style, but 2 many questions still unanswered on that new engine.

18. yardfarmer

yardfarmer Junior Member

i got a crew cab d max with a 8-2 boss v and it plows like a dream!!

19. No Moa

No Moa Junior Member

has anyone got a winch mounted behind their bumper with a plow mount on their truck? I'm looking at warn hidden winch mounts, wondering if i can mount my plow push plates also?

20. Yaz

Yaz PlowSite.com Addict
    from NH

Mounting a winch up front would take some serious fabrication. I would suggest a tow strap and a cell phone! If you really want to have a winch they make the portable ones that will go in a receiver hitch and put it in the rear 2" receiver when you need it. Myself I think the phone and strap are a better and cheeper option..