1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

2500HD chevy mounting questions

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself to the Community' started by jlouki01, Sep 20, 2006.

1. jlouki01

jlouki01 Senior Member

I recently purchased a 06 2500HD Chevy Truck. It came standard with the plow prep pkg. My dad has an old plow that he has for about 10 years. He said it is a Meyer. Have these things changed that much? he hardly used it and I would like to take advantage of the family purchase plan;-) Do plows bolt of weld up to your frame?

2. StorksAuto

StorksAuto Senior Member

It depents on what the plow is he has if it is old it should be a conventional mount and that will not work for what you have you can use he pump and shorten the A frame to use the blade if you go witha Clasic tube mount. Many times it is easier to go with a newer set up and trade what you have in or sell it.

3. itsgottobegreen

itsgottobegreen PlowSite.com Addict

Put a western 8' pro plus on it. The last thing you want to put on your truck is a POS meyer plow.

4. jcesar

jcesar Senior Member
    from Mi

I am willing to bet that you wont be happy with the old meyer plow. They are slow, and unreliable. Go with a new one. Even the new meyer plows are much better than 10 years ago. Besides, what will that nice truck look like with a pos plow?

5. Lubold8431

Lubold8431 Member

Yes, I agree. Go with a newer plow. If that old Meyer looks anything like my old Meyer, I would not want that on my new 2006 Truck.