1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

2500HD and Fisher XLS

Discussion in 'Chevy Trucks' started by jperry9636, Oct 21, 2009.

1. jperry9636

jperry9636 Member

Just wondering who has this combo on there truck? Local dealer says it is to heavy. I went on Fisher's site and it is not listed for the crew but it listed for the reg and extended cabs. The 8/5 V is listed but not XLS. The weight is only 100 pounds difference. What do you guy think. Just giving us something to talk about. Thanks guys.

Later,
    Jack

2. mcwlandscaping

mcwlandscaping 2000 Club Member

BALLAST! and you'll be fine....as well as a few turns on the T-bars and maybe timbrens

3. Pinzgauer

Pinzgauer Senior Member
    from Vermont

Is it a diesel or gasser

4. jperry9636

jperry9636 Member

I got the 6.0 in it. So any of you using this plow???? Anyone that is lets see some pictures.

Later,
    Jack

5. mkwl

mkwl 2000 Club Member

Ballast like MCW mentioned- you should be fine, just be smart and don't plow like a maniac!

6. Burkartsplow

Burkartsplow PlowSite Veteran

You will be fine
    do it!

7. RepoMan207

RepoMan207 PlowSite Fanatic
    from Maine

I haven't picked mine up yet, but I just bought one for my Ext. cab, 8' bed, & a 6.0. According to the dealer it's a good pair.

8. mkwl

mkwl 2000 Club Member

Do you have timbrens?

9. RepoMan207

from Maine

Yup....and the Torsion bars were upgraded to GL something ur other.

10. mkwl

mkwl 2000 Club Member

Do you find the timbrens really help? How's the ride with them?

11. RepoMan207

from Maine

Oh yeah, even with the 8'HD I noticed a BIG difference. The ride is a bit more bouncy, however it's been suggested that I should replace my shocks. I bought them, but just haven't gotten around to putting them in.

12. mcwlandscaping

mcwlandscaping 2000 Club Member

So long as you install them correctly it should be like they aren't even there when the plow is off, when the plow is on, ride quality isn't as important as you are working! lol but they do a fantastic job, i'll be getting a set for my Dmax, my 97' already has as set!

13. jperry9636

jperry9636 Member

Where did you get this upgrade. I would love to upgrade. Can you give me any more info on these. Thanks.

Later,
    Jack

14. RepoMan207

from Maine

Let me first say, my ride quality when the plow is on....Is almost perfect. The bounce is almost completely gone.

As far as the upgrade, my truck already had them when I bought it. Check out this thread, it will give you more insight. http://www.plowsite.com/showthread.php?t=86002

15. 2COR517

2COR517 PlowSite Fanatic

Sounds like me. I have enough new parts around here to keep me busy for a week straight.

16. Jon Geer

Jon Geer Member

The truck handles it fine.

Jon

attachment.jpeg

1.jpeg

2.jpeg

3.jpeg

17. 02DURAMAX

02DURAMAX PlowSite.com Addict

Did you change to Fisher now??

18. Jon Geer

Jon Geer Member

Let's just say I run DD products. The name on the blade does nothing for me. The stickers fall off anyways.

Jon