1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

2500hd 6.0 any issues with putting on a 810

Discussion in 'Blizzard Plows Discussion' started by Rodd1, Oct 27, 2005.

1. Rodd1

Rodd1 Member

going to buy a plow this week looking at the 810 and wanted to know anything i should know of putting this on my truck 2500hd chevy snowplow prep 2005 ext cab short bed
  2. karl klein

karl klein Senior Member

just that the wieght will destroy the front end of the truck thats all

TRUE TURF LAWN Senior Member

it will not distroy the front end. dont listen to karl, i never had that problem at all.
  4. NEPSJay

NEPSJay Senior Member

Thats not true. I have one on my 2005, no problems. Throw ya a set of timbrens under the ol girl and crank up the tortion bars and she'll be all set. My HD only drops about an inch when i raise the plow. I have a reg cab with a full size bed w/ 6.0
  5. Rodd1

Rodd1 Member

Thanks guys i thought it would be fine i had a meyers c8 on a 99 1/2 ton and never had a problem :redbounce I cant wait for the first snow.
  6. SnowGuy73

SnowGuy73 PlowSite Fanatic

Your not going to destroy your front end....:rolleyes:
  7. rcpd34

rcpd34 Senior Member
    from MD

Ditto. I have the 810 on my 2500HD with the BIG BLOCK and no probs. The Timbrens helped a bbit too. :)
  8. DESTEFANO3782

DESTEFANO3782 Senior Member

Dont Crank Your Torsion Bars, In My Opinion Anyway It Will Ride Like A Rock Without The Plow On. Just Stick With The Timbrens, Ebay Has Killer Deals On Timbrens I Paid 135.00 For A Brand New Set And They Work Great.
  9. Detroitdan

Detroitdan PlowSite.com Addict

I thought they werent doing the snowplow prep package on anything except regular cabs? Didnt I read that here somewhere?
  10. rcpd34

rcpd34 Senior Member
    from MD

Not true. Just can't get it on the CC.
  11. Rodd1

Rodd1 Member

Detroitdan i could not find them anywhere on ebay do you know who the seller was for the Timbrens or a place to buy them
  12. timberjack

timberjack Member

Rodd1, have an ebay search for the seller picture*perfect, but i think he has a limited supply of only certain part numbers.

If you punch in timbren, not timbrens in to the search window on ebay, i got 8 returns tonight, and there were a few for just the load boosters, others were vehicles, and other stuff.

13. SnowDozers

SnowDozers Member