1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

2500 with a 9' V XT?

Discussion in 'Ram Trucks' started by hemipower5.7, Dec 5, 2009.

1. hemipower5.7

hemipower5.7 Member

i have an 04 Ram 2500 HD Hemi i was wondering if a 9'2'' V XT would be alright weight wise on my truck.
  2. ProSeasons

ProSeasons Senior Member

3. bltp203

bltp203 Senior Member

I run mine with a 2" leveling kit and the front end barely moves when I lift my 9.2 VXT.
  4. lawnproslawncar

lawnproslawncar Senior Member

You shouldn't have a problem with a minimal suspension enhancement. Timbrens work well to great, depends on who you ask.
  5. RacingZR

RacingZR Senior Member
    from Maine

I'm planning on a 8.5 or 9.5 V for my 03 2500 Hemi and I'm just gonna put some weight in the back to level things. Probably a minimum 600 lbs, we shall see. If Fisher says the front will handle it..........the front will handle it. They are obviously playing it on the safe side with e-match and that says any plow is okay for the 2500 Quad/short box Hemi. I would imagine it's the same deal with the Boss. I think the Boss may weigh a little less?
    Last edited: Dec 6, 2009
  6. hemipower5.7

hemipower5.7 Member

any problems pushing heavy snow with the 9'2'' with a hemi ?
  7. dakotaskustoms

dakotaskustoms Senior Member

Here is my 2003 2500 Hemi QC ... 8.5 EZ-Vee... NO weight in the bed ( yet ... 300lbs to be added soon)

This is my second season in this setup .. no complaints what so ever. Front end drops 1.5" when lifting the blade. Looking to add the 2" leveling kit to it here shortly.