1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

2500 vs. 3500

Discussion in 'Ice Management' started by rustyb265, Jan 7, 2009.

1. rustyb265

rustyb265 Member
    from Mass

Can I put one of these poly spreaders in a 3/4 ton truck? or does it have to be in a 1 ton? i am looking at a dodge 3/4 ton diesel with a fisher plow already on it. Thanks

2. Eronningen

Eronningen Senior Member

You betcha.

3. CARDOCTOR

CARDOCTOR PlowSite.com Addict

i run a gas vbox in a 04 ram 2500 had to add airbags to the rear to handle the load

JR

4. fisher guy

fisher guy PlowSite.com Addict

2003 f-250 with 6.0L psd here adding air bags next week when we get a chance to haddle the load

5. Eronningen

Eronningen Senior Member

I have a gas V-box Hiniker with side extensions in a 2500 Chevy. I do have two extra leafs per side in the back. The spreader weighs about a thousand empty I think and the spreader will hold 2.5 ton of product not really heaping. The truck does sag considerably but only for less than an hour until its spread. I will not travel at highway speeds though loaded.

6. Dodge Plow Pwr

Dodge Plow Pwr Senior Member

I have an 05 Dodge CTD Quad Cab, 9' Western Pro plus w/Wings and a newly installed(today) Salt Dogg 1.5.. Looks great and fits perfect. I sure hope it works as good as it looks. FYI: I did add timbrens to the front and the back.

7. rustyb265

rustyb265 Member
    from Mass

Dodge Plow PWR...........Dodge Ram 2500 or 3500?

8. Dodge Plow Pwr

Dodge Plow Pwr Senior Member

2500 HD is what the badges say. LOL

9. Grn Mtn

Grn Mtn PlowSite.com Addict

it will fit and you can fill it up, but just plan on replacing the lower ball joint, power steering box and brakes and rotors. those will fail quick with the extra weight. I know, I had a 2500 ram for 5 years. Great truck though.