1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

2500 t bars in a 1500?

Discussion in 'Chevy Trucks' started by Alpha Property, Feb 24, 2010.

1. Alpha Property

Alpha Property Senior Member

my 2000 1500 Z71 is worn out, i just put new leafs from a 03 Z71 and an add a leaf, brought the truck back up to where it should sit. We cranked the t bars to max and its still only sitting at 32 inches from the bottom of the rim to the top of the wheel well. i'm at 34inches in the back. This truck will be getting a 8.2 boss V over the summer, i want to put in heavier t bars, maybe keys if needed and timbrens to help it out with the 770lbs.
    Anyone know for sure if they'll fit in?
  2. ajslands

ajslands 2000 Club Member

3. Rubicon 327

Rubicon 327 Senior Member

4. Alpha Property

Alpha Property Senior Member

awsome man, thanks a lot for that link. just the infor i was looking for :)
  5. Mudchevy

Mudchevy Junior Member

I put in a set last year and was happy with the way the truck handled the plow better but I still wanted to increase the height in the front so it would level out. I put in a set of timbrens, problem solved. By the way, I had the same truck as yours and I got my bars out of 1998 3/4.
  6. got-h2o

got-h2o 2000 Club Member

All GM T-bars are exchangable, 88-current, 1500s, 2500s, 3500s, etc.