1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

2500 or 2500HD

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by jvcski, Mar 13, 2003.

1. jvcski

jvcski Member

Ok so some of you know me as the son of GeeMC. But I happen to be purchasing a truck of my own this spring and now I have that horrible job of shopping around for a truck. Personally I’d rather be driving a GMC or Chevy for a couple of reasons one is I can rely on them, and they are more comfortable to sit in, where Ford and Dodge tend to hurt my back when sitting in for too long at one time. My question to everyone is that, what is the difference between the 2500 and the 2500HD? I have asked multiple dealerships or should I say salesmen/woman and they all come up with well it’s our heavy duty package, and to be frank I kind of know that, but what does being HD entail and they do not know. I tried to do my own research on this and I have been unable to find out the specs and details that they include. So if anyone out there has some feedback I would greatly appreciate it considering I have to get a second truck because I am going to be plowing for another sub next year as well as the one I’m doing this year. I would also like to hear from all of you about how you like/dislike your 2500 or 2500HD.

I would also like to say that it has been a wonderful winter so far. And I’m hoping it was the same for all of you.

Thank you,

Jay
    :D :drinkup:

2. wyldman

wyldman Member

Do a search or browse through the Chevy truck discussion forum,it has been discussed in great detail recently.

3. Jay,

I asked the same thing. I have a 1998 2500 Ext Cab 4x4 Long box with 454 auto, 8' Western Pro.

The owner of the dealership is a friend of mine and said there is no differance between my truck and a 2001 or 2002 HD model. He said Mine was even heavier, Better suspension, Better ground clearence. More "HD" than the"HD".
    I thought he would have tried to sell me a new HD one. He said to hang onto mine a bit longer. Go Figure.

I'm sure if he is wrong, someone will let me know.

4. jvcski

jvcski Member

Hey Chris thank you for your imput i'll be sure to check that out :)

5. Arc Burn

Arc Burn PlowSite.com Addict

In the chevy truck section look for 2500vs2500HD,I started the thread with your exact question and John Dimartino wrote an excellent response.