1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

2500 HD Timbren VS ReadyLift

Discussion in 'Chevy Trucks' started by DreamGreen, Nov 9, 2010.

1. DreamGreen

DreamGreen Junior Member
    from 07869

I need a little help choosing if I should get Timbren's or ReadyLift. I like the look the Readylift gives just not sure if it is the right choice I have a 2005 2500HD duramax. I just got a 8'-6" Western Pro Plow. I will be plowing P-lots and some long driveways. I know it is a lot of weight on the front end and im trying to keep my truck level. Any suggestions ??? Thanks. ussmileyflag
  2. XxChevy-HDxX

XxChevy-HDxX Senior Member
    from Mass

I say put both or just ethier one is fine
  3. Pushin 2 Please

Pushin 2 Please PlowSite Veteran

Welcome to the site. If its in your budget, both is a great option. If not the Timbrens are all you need. That is also not to much plow for your truck. Its just right, IMO.:waving:
  4. RepoMan207

RepoMan207 PlowSite Fanatic
    from Maine

I have the Timbrens on my truck....even with the weight of an XLS, I'm totally satisfied. As far as the rear end, I hualed our new boat with it and stopped at the scales, 15600 LBS, and it didn't sag a bit.
    Last edited: Nov 9, 2010
  5. 2COR517

2COR517 PlowSite Fanatic

Timbrens and a Ready Lift do two very different things.
  6. vincent

vincent Senior Member

This is correct.

However I got both and glad I did.
  7. DreamGreen

DreamGreen Junior Member
    from 07869

Thanks so much. Figured do the right thing and install both. Any recomendations on air intakes?
  8. RepoMan207

RepoMan207 PlowSite Fanatic
    from Maine

9. djagusch

djagusch 2000 Club Member
    from mn

On the timbrens buyers makes then same thing for $100 less. I got some at northern tool last year online.
  10. Cmoore13

Cmoore13 Junior Member

I put both on my truck and I'm glad I did... The truck sits nice and level and the sag in the front end was greatly reduced when carrying the plow.
  11. Burkartsplow

Burkartsplow PlowSite Veteran

Timbrens have a good warranty. A set of mine ripped from te metal fastener and I called them up and sent some pics and they sent me a brand new set no questions asked.
  12. zevychevy

zevychevy Member

go spectre. have that in my dodge and its survived being COVERED in mud time after time, without cleaning it right away. also have one in my chevy and it gave me a noticeale increase, and it has its own little *poof*, like a turbo, when u floor it and the truck changes gears, amazing. but go spectre, may be cheaper then k&n but it does the exact same thing, for less.
  13. SMiller

SMiller Member
    from IN

Buyers instead of Timbrens and just crank the stock T-bar bolts.