1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

2500 hd Seats

Discussion in 'Chevy Trucks' started by RLattire, Jan 8, 2008.

1. RLattire

RLattire Junior Member
    from sw ohio

Hey Fellas. First time posting on this site, but I've been reading and learning for a couple years. Does anyone know if seats are covered under warranty? The drivers seat in my 05 Silverado has a rather annoying fold of some sort in the underlayment. I started to notice this in the fall and it's gotten worse after a few long storms. The truck is the W/T package and has 18k miles. Also the chrome bezel around my grill is starting to flake. Anyone else having these issues or am I the only one? Just wanted to ask before I spent an hour on the phone with the dealer.

2. 10elawncare

10elawncare Senior Member

that happened to my driver seat in my 06 2500 w/t. on the right side theres a ridge under the fabric, wont push down or anything. i dont feel it when im sitting my fat @$$ down so im just gonna leave it.

3. 10elawncare

10elawncare Senior Member

and i forgot... Welcome to Plowsite!!

4. flykelley

flykelley 2000 Club Member

Welcome to Plowsite.
    I just happen to work for GM truck plant and I am assigned to the Lear Seating plant that makes those seats. Send me a email with a picture, year and vin number of the truck and I may be able to help you. Were is the fold at, most likely it is foam that is rolled or seat material that is rolled. A pretty easy fix,I should be able to walk you through it. Is it covered under warranty? Good question, what warranty came with the truck? 3 year 36k, if that is the case it may still be covered. Either way the cushion material is only held onto the seat frame with some plastic J channels. You would need a special socket to remove the seat burt once you get it out, it is pretty easy to fix. flykelley930@aol.com

Regards Mike

5. ticki2

ticki2 Senior Member
    from NH

Check the delivery date on your '05 , warranty is 36mo/36k , which ever comes first ,bumper to bumper

6. SNOWANDICEMAN

SNOWANDICEMAN Senior Member

Hi,
    I have a 2003 chev.2500hd WT. Package and I had the same thing happen to me at the time I had 15,000
    miles on it. I took it to my local Chev Dealer. And they told me that the pad under the seatcover had shifted. And they warranty it. They said this happens once and a while.

7. RLattire

RLattire Junior Member
    from sw ohio

I'll try to post some pics later on today.For some reason the wife decided she was taking it this morning.

8. Hey FlyKelly

Nice to see you posting again, Mike.
    I have a similar problem with my 04 GMC Silverado CC SLE with the bucket seats(cloth).
    The upholstery has pulled away from the left side of the seat where the power controls are on the lower side. The dealer fixed this twice under warranty but now I'm out of warranty. I actually don't think they replaced anything they just reattached it around the switches. Now its torn and won't hold when I put my fat ass on it. Any ideas? Thanks.

9. flykelley

flykelley 2000 Club Member

Hi Motorman
    I have been really busy this year so not alot of posting but I do try and read all of the new post everyday. Is your seat cloth or leather? If it was pulling out around the switch the dealer would remove the switch and pull the material tight and reinstall the switch. If it is a small tear you can sew it if you are good with a neddle and thread. I can get you the right color thread.

Regards Mike

10. It's cloth. The square opening in the upholstery with some small amount of foam is ripped and won't stay in place after reinstalling it where it belongs. I probably need to go to an auto upholsterer. Thanks.