1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

2500 hd plow setups

Discussion in 'Chevy Trucks' started by brianbrich1, Feb 12, 2011.

1. brianbrich1

brianbrich1 PlowSite.com Addict

I would like some responses as to what setups are being ran on the new 11 2500hd... I personally am torn between the mvp 8.5 or boss 8.2... as i have a couple straight blades already and would like to add a v to the group Will buy current model here after winter so would like some pros & cons from anyone running these plows on there truck

2. maverjohn

maverjohn Senior Member

The boss 8.2 is your best bet, after going from a 8 staight to a boss V 7.6, I move so much snow and can stack
    so much easyer I will never go back. semper fi buddy.

3. topdj

topdj Senior Member

I'm moving my straight Hiniker 8' Blade. The harness was the same but the mount was new
    dealer gave 225 in trade toward the new.

4. brianbrich1

Well 1 thing about boss is i dont like the relays..my other 2 trucks are running western with the iso module....Im also curios as to how well the trip edge works on the wes...Just asking for some real experince from others as I will buy one or the other...I can watch poduct videos all day long and the dealer can tell me one or the other but just want to know what we think here as a genuine debate.

5. 09Busa

09Busa Senior Member
    from NY

I have an 11 2500HD.....with a Boss 8'2" v............the very best...........stacks it high and Boss reliability

6. brianbrich1

Busa your truck in the pick is the exact same one as mine that iam going to mount up...even color

7. 09Busa

09Busa Senior Member
    from NY

nice......you'll be amazed at how well these 11's carry these plows

8. brianbrich1

Ive heard 3 turns of the t bars is all you need to bring it back up a little...what have you done if anything

9. 09Busa

09Busa Senior Member
    from NY

not a thing.....I am having timbrens put on this week, as I made a trade for my old plow mount....after having another truck with a leveling kit, t bars turned up, it was always out of alignment, drove very rough without the plow, etc........I want to keep this as "factory" as possible........

10. brianbrich1

Putting timbrens on dosent void any warranties for the front???

11. 09Busa

09Busa Senior Member
    from NY

Gooid question....never thought of that.......I'll post this on a thread. do you have the W/T or LT package?

12. brianbrich1

Its the w/t with sno prep and heavy trailering package. I did order all power win and locks

13. Raconteur

Raconteur Senior Member
    from MA

Why would you put Timbrens on an '11 ?

14. 09Busa

09Busa Senior Member
    from NY

we have the same truck....you don't think they're needed?....is this because of the four bounce stops from the factory?

15. brianbrich1

I didnt say i was...that was a question I posed to the other post if you had read it. Just asking what everyone is running with the new 11... It will be my new plow truck for myself for the 11/12 year and iam trying to see what everyone is running on them and how they are handling...any support needed for the fronts ie timbrens, air, or just a couple cranks on the tbars.. maybe nothing....what plows we seem to be running on them...how they are handiling...I would like to put a V on mine as my other trucks are all running straights. Just a thread geared towards the 2500 and what we are running and happy with or think would make something better....

16. brianbrich1

From what I heard they are not needed on the new one Busa. That is why I started this thread to see what everyone is experincing

17. 09Busa

09Busa Senior Member
    from NY

I also have power windows, locks, heated power mirrors, however I wanted vinyl floors. Mine has snow plow prep pkg. I'm having a custom made receiver hitch made. I want two swinging two hooks attatched to my receiver.

18. Raconteur

Raconteur Senior Member
    from MA

I have the recommended ballast and thats all I need to do . Dont need to touch the T bars or add any other suspension aids . The XLS weighs in at #1000 and the front end sags 7/8" when lifted .
    Use the correct ballast and drive the truck . All of the pre "11 stuff is not needed !

19. brianbrich1

I am excited to plow with this truck for next year as my personal one has been my 97 chevy and my 98 chevy... the 98 is a strong truck but iam personally ready to drive a newer vehicle for plowing in and let my other two guys drive the other ones now. Plus it was time to add one more to the group. especially if the ages start to catch up to those other two...

20. brianbrich1

That is good to hear Raconteur..How much ballast do you need?