1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

2500 HD LTZ & Plow Prep

Discussion in 'Chevy Trucks' started by dmjr77, Jun 9, 2009.

1. dmjr77

dmjr77 Senior Member

I have located a 2009 2500 HD Ext Cab LTZ 6.0L. The salesman tells me that I can put a plow on it, it does not have plow prep. Any thoughts?
    Thank you

2. sven_502

sven_502 Senior Member
    from ontario

Snow Plow Prep Provisions $400

Includes 15-amp power for backup and roof emergency light, forward lamp wiring harness, 85mm (3.35 inch) access hole with grommet in front of dash panel and instrument panel jumper wiring harness for electric brake controller.
    Provision For Cab Roof Mounted Lamp
    Does not include roof lamps. Provides an instrument panel-mounted switch and electrical wiring tucked beneath the headliner for a body upfitter to connect a body-mounted warning or emergency lamp. 30-amp nominal rating.
    Off-Road Skid Plates
    Includes shields for engine, transmission, front differential and transfer case.
    160 Amp Alternator
    This option features:
    Skid plate(s)
    Snow plow provisions

Thats straight off the chevrolet website for an LTZ truck, so I think from that you can decide whether or not you want to.

3. BigDave12768

BigDave12768 PlowSite.com Addict

Just get it in writing that they will not void warranty. Also buy a new one from them and have them put it on. You will get the rebate so its really best way to go. The only real issues with the new Chevy P/U is the DMax weight. So I wouldnot see an issue with the 6.0

4. the new boss 92

the new boss 92 2000 Club Member

get it in writing that they won't void you warrenty and buy the plow through them, or atleast have them install it so they can have record that they installed it incase something breaks cause of it!