1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

2500 HD headlights question

Discussion in 'Chevy Trucks' started by twodan, May 31, 2005.

1. twodan

twodan Member

have a new gmc 2500hd, and the headlights need to be adjusted higher. i noticed the two torx head adjusters, but i'm not sure which angles the beam, and which raises it. has anyone adjusted their own who can advise me?
    thanks, dan

2. vipereng2

vipereng2 Senior Member

they are adj by a machine at the factory to the correct spec. :nono:

3. Yaz

Yaz PlowSite.com Addict
    from NH

I think your on the money with the male torqs adjustments. use a small 12 point socket. Just turn you lights on against a building at night and turn away. You'll get it, it's only a 50/50 shot turning the right one. Just go for it!

4. twodan

twodan Member

headlights

so all of your vehicles are still set to factory specs? what good are the lights if i can't see well at night?
    dan

5. twodan

twodan Member

headlights

i agree it's a hit or miss guess, just didn't know if anyone had messed with their lights before.
    thanks,
    dan

6. ratlover

ratlover PlowSite.com Addict
    from IL

go over to the dieselplace.com do a search on the 4 high mod or the max power(a member there) mod ect. Its VERY easy and cheap to wire a diode into your factory harness and it will keep your lows on with your highs. Much better light output :nod:

I would install a switch in the new wire jumper though or just not use the highbeams when plowing. I dont think most plow headlights would like having both elements lit.

7. MickiRig1

MickiRig1 PlowSite Veteran

If you get the single model Haynes repair manual for your truck it has the procedure for adjusting your headlights in it.

It's like: Put a tape cross's at the height of the middle of your head lights both horizontal and vertical straight ahead of the truck for each headlight. Then on flat ground at 25 feet away from the taped X's
    ( with the load u carry on-board, Like plow on, raised for plow light adjustment) aim the headlights dead center on the tape X's, block the light you are not working on with something, body standing in front of, cardboard, sheet, etc.

Last edited: Jun 20, 2005