1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

2500 hd duramax

Discussion in 'Chevy Trucks' started by jaytow, Mar 3, 2010.

1. jaytow

jaytow Junior Member

hey guys,
    im new here and have been plowing for 23 years. i have a 2007 gmc classic crew cab shortbed w/ duramax allison. i have not wanted to put a plow on this truck but i think its time. seems like im hearing that i should/shouldnt put on plow,front axle weight issues. would like western/fisher or boss vplow. who has what and any problems?
  2. got-h2o

got-h2o 2000 Club Member

I've had plows on 6 Duramaxes, 3 CC's and 3 X-cabs. 4 of them run/ran V's. My 01 has been a plow truck its whole life and is now finally showing signs of wear at 256k miles. I just did brakes, and it could use an Idler/Pitman/tie rods. Aside from that, all stock and all good. CV's, hubs, etc are fine. I just had it in the air. Ball joints are ok, but I may do them b/c I'm getting a slight clunk on the right side over bumps. Again, been a plow truck for 9 years so.................
  3. GreenDuramax04

GreenDuramax04 Junior Member

Been plowing with my Duramax for 5 years with no major problems with the front end.

NICHOLS LANDSCA PlowSite Veteran

I have 9' Hiniker Scoops on both of mine. I did have a hub bearing go out on the 06' a week ago, it just hit 60k.
  5. tuney443

tuney443 PlowSite.com Addict

I just outfitted my 2006 3500SRW EC this Winter with my Boss 9-2 V plow that I had on another Chevy.I cranked up the T bars 4 turns , installed new HD Monroe shocks and Airlift bumper stops.The truck handles it just fine-I usually plow wiith anywhere from 600-3,000 lbs. of salt ballast in back.I also installed Airlifts air bags in the rear.
  6. marylandbigb

marylandbigb Member

owned a 2007 CCSB DURAMAX classic body and had a v 8'2" BOSS plow carried it fine with a set of keys installed bought a new body style 09 2500HD ECLB and doesnt carry the plow worth a sh_t with a set of keys and 33's!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!