1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

2500 HD 6.0 Plowers, what are you getting GPH

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by snowbelt5, Jun 20, 2011.

1. snowbelt5

snowbelt5 Member

Just curious what kind of MPG or GPH you guys are getting with these trucks while plowing. Thinking about getting a 2500hd with the 6.0 liter.. I am currently plowing with a 2003 ford F350 with the 6.0 diesel and can get about 16-18 hours on a tank, and thats 30 gallons, so im getting roughly 1.6-1.8 GPH. And i am going roughly 180 miles on a tank, which would be only 6 mpg, but my route is extremly tight, andall city.
  2. snowbelt5

snowbelt5 Member

wow, it must be bad if no one wants to talk about it!:eek:
  3. got-h2o

got-h2o 2000 Club Member

From what I've heard 4-6 plowing is average
  4. Willman940

Willman940 Senior Member

My boss runs one of them, I'll ask him about it, but I don't think its much to brag about. He's been looking into diesels and fills up about once a night, which is good or bad depending how you look at it. This year was pretty nuts 36+ hours of plowing he'd have to fill up once maybe twice a day.

5. grnstripes

grnstripes Senior Member

I have 3 of them 1 dump 1 extra cab 1 reg cab the dump gets about
    3-4 mpg ( not sure on hrs ) the extra cab and reg cab about 5 - 6 mpg
    Hope this helps
    I'm looking into the new ford desel a budy said he is getting around
    10 - 11 and about 16-18 towing driving