1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

2500 HD '04 door controls

Discussion in 'Chevy Trucks' started by fabcraftinc, Dec 27, 2012.

1. fabcraftinc

fabcraftinc Member

I have a 2004 2500 HD. All of my functions on the drivers side door will not work...power mirror, windows, locks, etc. The keyless will not lock or unlock the drivers door either. The functions on the other doors do work fine. I disconnected the battery and the door worked for one start and then quit. Any ideas???

2. chevboy167

chevboy167 Member

Hi. start with checking all fuses under dash & under hood fuseboxes. confirm power on both sides of fuses with a test light or better yet a digital multimeter for volttage confirmation though fuses. if no fuses found open, (blown), may need BCM- Body Control Module- reprogramed or replaced.

3. fabcraftinc

fabcraftinc Member

I didn't check any fuses because it works each time I disconnect and connect my battery, atleast for the first time i start the truck. As far as the BCM, that may be the way I have to investigate. Thank you for your reply.

4. chevboy167

chevboy167 Member

Hmmmmm...... ok. pull every fuse out, 1 at a time, and reseat them right back in their terminals. you may have tarnish or corrosion on 1 of them. if the fuse blades look tarnished, lightly sand the blades with 320 grit sandpaper on all sides and reseat or replace the fuse in question. not a common problem, but a cheap place to start.

5. lawnangel1

lawnangel1 Member
    from KY

It's a master switch. I just replaced it on my truck this week. Dealer wants 400+ to fix it, I got one off eBay for 100 bucks and threw it in about 15 minutes.

6. fabcraftinc

fabcraftinc Member

lawnangel1. Is it a switch in the door? It also controls the mirrors? Thank you all for your replies.

7. Snowzilla

Snowzilla Senior Member
    from Iowa

Yes, I am going to guess that is the switch assembly that contains the power windows/locks/mirror on the driver's door. I had on '03 HD. Mine started doing strange things like attempting to lock door unsuccessfully when driving. My remote ceased working too. I had mine diagnosed at a chevy dealer and that is what they replaced. I think they do have to tear off the door panel to replace this assembly. It was around $350-400 a couple years ago.

8. Snowzilla

Snowzilla Senior Member
    from Iowa

Fyi, They had some fancier name for this. Module maybe. Evidently, it is more sophisticated than just a switch assembly.