1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

2500 bed load question.

Discussion in 'Used Plowing and Truck Equipment Forum' started by The mayor, Feb 27, 2010.

1. The mayor

The mayor Senior Member

What is the max legal weight load you can put in the bed of stock new 2500 truck. Not a trick question.

2. The mayor

The mayor Senior Member

Whoops wrong section. please move.

3. 2COR517

2COR517 PlowSite Fanatic

Make? Cab? Trim/options? Engine? Transmission? 4wd?

4. The mayor

The mayor Senior Member

would it make a diffence if the dealer said it can go down the road with a 10,000lb payload.

5. Cutter1

Cutter1 Senior Member

he lied to you.

6. Grassman09

Grassman09 2000 Club Member

10'000lbs loaded in the bed of the truck? Get him to show you then take pic and post them here for us to see. I put 2 tons of salt which is about a lil over 4000lbs in my 2500HD ram 4x4 diesel and thats is heavy too heavy most likely. Towing 10 to 15 you are okay with the proper hitch goose neck or 5th wheel.

7. NICHOLS LANDSCA

NICHOLS LANDSCA PlowSite Veteran

You could get away with a 10k GVW maybe that's what he meant? Hopefully

8. The mayor

The mayor Senior Member

I was looking for a 3500 without duals. All they had was 2500 and he was pushing those for a sale claiming the bed could carry 10000lbs. I hate car salesmen.

9. 2COR517

2COR517 PlowSite Fanatic

What an idiot. I would call and ask for the regional sales manager and report him. Tell him you're now considering another brand.

10. NICHOLS LANDSCA

NICHOLS LANDSCA PlowSite Veteran

Well they are the same truck except the rear leaf pack. Even a dually won't hold 10k. Legally a 4500 would be close depending how it was outfitted.