1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

250/350 wheel question

Discussion in 'Ford Trucks' started by metallihockey88, Mar 17, 2009.

1. metallihockey88

metallihockey88 PlowSite.com Addict

i was wondering if anyone knew if the 16" rims from the 99-04 f250 and f350's would fit on a 05-07 f250. im assuming they will but see them usually grouped as 99-04 and 05-07 rims. im assuming thats just stating what years they were put on and not saying they only fit those specific trucks and have differenct 8-lug patterns.

2. slongfellowii

slongfellowii Senior Member

The bolt pattern is the same, but the offsets are different. I believe the newer truck has a wider axle in front when they switched to coil springs. I think that older rims would stick out.

3. magnatrac

magnatrac PlowSite.com Addict

They will go right on but your truck wil not move:dizzy: They are the same bolt pattern but the 05 and newer trucks need atleast a 17" wheel to clear the brakes. I did put a set of 16.5" wheels on my 07 but I had to grind a tiny bit off of my caliper. It was so close but just not quite big enough. That won't be an option with 16's though. I ended up getting 18's and selling my old wheels.

Good luck, shaun

4. metallihockey88

thanx...just saved me there. looks like the 17's are stayin. guess it makes sense now why all these trucks are comin with 17's and mostly 18's as a stock wheel size now days. thanx again :drinkup:

5. DCSpecial

DCSpecial Senior Member
    from IL

I have some stock 18s if you are looking for new wheels.

6. metallihockey88

well what i really want is those rims with the holes all around them but just remembered they made them in 17in for the f350's so keepin an eye out for a set, dont really need em, just like the way they look. i was gonna go 16 to save some dough on tires, the 18's would kill me as tires are already a small fortune for a set of good T/A's. thanx anyway

7. metallihockey88

am looking for a mount for my truck though if you have an extra or know someone in the area gettin rid of one for an 05-07 f250, would be greatly appreciated