1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

25 used snow pushers

Discussion in 'Used Plowing and Truck Equipment Forum' started by WRIGHTWAY, Oct 4, 2010.

1. WRIGHTWAY

WRIGHTWAY Senior Member

These are not mine and I have nothing to do with them
    But maybe someone can get a good deal ?

We have 25 used pushers some are 3 years old some new last year. ALL BOXES HAVE NEW 1.5x10 PLOW RUBBER. we cleaned all boxes up and had them ready for this year and lost a few large contracts and need to sell or they are going to auction next month. 8ft skidsteer pushers up to 20ft loader boxes prices from 1000-4500 make offer 317-412-0480

http://kalamazoo.craigslist.org/grd/1978770380.html

2. viper881

viper881 Senior Member

Called, talked and more talk. Since aug. and nothing works out. Not very easy to get a hold of i was told. Im waiting for the auction now!

3. DuallySnoPusher

DuallySnoPusher Senior Member

Don't bother with that guy. Hes a waste of time and just tries to screw people. The boxes are junk also.

4. WRIGHTWAY

WRIGHTWAY Senior Member

Well I guess that explains why he lost his contracts

5. xtreem3d

xtreem3d PlowSite.com Addict

dually....are those the advanced excavating boxes?

6. Krafty17

Krafty17 Member

I am really curious about these boxes as well. I talked to him yesterday they want $2000 cash for an 8' and a 10' box. That is a hard price to beat... are they really that bad???

7. purpleranger519

purpleranger519 Senior Member
    from Kansas

$2000 for an 8' USED pusher is hard to beat??? Well, there is a 8' ProTech with only 2 storms use on it that MerrimacMills has for sale for $1000 and Colin said it was like new. Or if I'm not mistaken I think I can even buy a BRAND NEW SnowDogg 8' Pusher for under $2000.

8. xtreem3d

i'll take some pics of my box and show you what had to be done after one 10 hour storm, (providing these are the same boxes which i think they are) i think my 10 foot box was $1800.00 picked up in Franklin, IN ,new a couple years ago
    steve

9. viper881

viper881 Senior Member

I hear the rubber on them is very cheap.

10. xtreem3d

i think mine was...i upgraded to 1.5" thick rubber, the same as Protec uses
    will get some pics tomorrow afternoon
    steve

11. DuallySnoPusher

DuallySnoPusher Senior Member

Yea they are from the same guy. Don't waste your money or time.

12. Mdwstsnow512

Mdwstsnow512 Senior Member

i also got a cheap quote from them, and with exception of the smaller cutting edges, all seems pretty decent.....

the guys that are saying dont waste your time, care to state more than that.
    cause someone saying " you suck" isnt much of an arguement.

thanks
    Nate

13. viper881

viper881 Senior Member

I dont have personal experience with the boxes its just that I never could get a straight forward number on the cost for the boxes from the guy. One day it was a good deal and then the next day when I thought I wanted one it was $200 more. I talked to a few other ppl and they had the same thing. Talked to a few ppl who bought them, and they said when they had a problem with the rubber the company didnt have much to say if anything at all. But thats why your buying used ones now. No customer support

14. xtreem3d

Nate...i said i was going to take pics but worked too late and forgot camera..making a note to take some pics of my box and describe what i had to do to fix it after 1 storm
    steve

15. Mike S

Mike S PlowSite.com Addict

Ive been wondering about those also. They put a clist add in my area saying they had 9 for sale. A friend of mine called and then he found out they had way more then 9!!!!! Seem like a good price but we got a really good price on some snow doggs and wish now I would have spent a few more $$$. At the time it was in the budget and it worked...... Might not be to bad to get some one buy for a season or two.

16. xtreem3d

Here are some pics of my box
    #1 front of box and strut #2. close up of factory strut #3 my new rubber edge and thicker metal strip, original was way too thin and bent easily #4. side of box worn down because shoes weren't hardened. you can see the hardened metal welded on the bottom. You can also see how when the shoe wore down the bolts had broken off (grade 2 or 5 and very small) but it was the middle of a big storm and we needed to keep using it.
    #5 Outside veiw of box. Angle was added to give support to side plate. Shoes were fixed and grade 8 (large) bolts were added

DSCN0233.JPG

DSCN0234.JPG

DSCN0235.JPG

DSCN0236.JPG

DSCN0237.JPG

Last edited: Oct 9, 2010
  17. xtreem3d

#6 close up shows they cut the steel by plasma torch #7 bottom brace was thin and bent so i added a thicker piece of angle #8 close up of mount plate shows plasma cut #9 looking down rails of box..looks good, just as it came #10 homemade leveler. IMO for the 1800.00 i paid i would get another but make sure to confirm AR400 shoes and check the bolt size and grade. The shoes wearing down then shearing the bolts was the start of my problems with the box. I think if they had been correct i wouldn't have replaced as much as i did. The rubber was too thin and so was the strip that holds it in place.

DSCN0238.JPG

DSCN0239.JPG

DSCN0240.JPG

DSCN0241.JPG

DSCN0242.JPG

18. Mdwstsnow512

Mdwstsnow512 Senior Member

All in all, the sense i am getting is

if you can get a hold of them, and you verify cutting edge material. they are a ok buy, not the best but decent for the price

thanks
    Nate

19. xtreem3d

yes nate IMO that's how i would go about it. , . Or if you know ahead of time what you might need to upgrade , offer a lower price and explain why, maybe you can get a price reduction. Normally i am all for buying the best but when i bought mine for 1800 i think Protec was around 3500 or so
    steve

20. Krafty17

Krafty17 Member

Im not sure how I missed the new action on this post. But to clarify when I talked to him earlier in the month he wanted $2000.00 cash for both. Like a grand a piece I think I may pull the trigger and just go into it with the know that I am going to have to beef it up when I get it. Still on the fence. Thoese pics helped alot thanks!