1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

25 series sno way fluid issues

Discussion in 'Truck & Equipment Repair' started by 70gsimp, Mar 2, 2015.

1. 70gsimp

70gsimp Junior Member

I have a older 25 series sno way without downpressure. It was working fine until the other day. It happened after i hit some ice and the plow jumped. Since then i immediately noticed that it started lifting sorta gravely. Then it wouldnt stay left or right when i wanted it to, it moved wherever it wanted very easily. After inspection i noticed that there was hydraulic fluid spewing out of the filler cap, and it was sorta foamy. Just asking a mechanic they say i am sucking air somewhere and its injecting air into the fluid. So i took off the reservoir, cleaned and inspected it, cleaned the filter and put new fluid in. Same issue.....wont hold left or right and still feels gravely going up. Still spews fluid from the cap too. Spews it all over when i go down with the blade. When it hits the ground it spews out of the top of the filler cap, sorta grayish which means air in the fluid. I dont see any hoses leaking. I did notice some brown fluid on the floor from the left hydraulic. The mechanic also said it may be the motor. How can the motor be injecting air in the fluid? I can fix anything, i am mechanically inclined. I need as much help as possible and all possibilties that this could be. Where to look, what to do. Thanks for any and all responses.

2. DAFFMOBILEWASH

DAFFMOBILEWASH PlowSite.com Addict

Seems like a pressure relief valve or something inside the pump has been blown out or jamed out of sequance from the impact. Can you remember which side the blade was turned in when the impact happened ?? If so I would look at that circuit within the valve body.

3. basher

basher PlowSite Fanatic
    from 19707

Check to see if the spool in the angle system is moving freely.

4. 70gsimp

70gsimp Junior Member

ok spool....where us this located?

5. Rick547

Rick547 Senior Member
    from Indiana

The spool is the mechanical device that is actuated by the individual electric coils.

6. basher

basher PlowSite Fanatic
    from 19707