1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

25 series going to '09 Sierra?

Discussion in 'Sno-Way Discussion' started by patterson, Aug 2, 2009.

1. patterson

patterson Junior Member

Well, it's finally time to get a new truck. Specifically 2009 GMC Sierra.

I have a 25D series Snoway that came with an '87 Suburban. Anyone know if there are mounts for that plow for the Sierra, or would I need some fabricating?

Also, how much of the mounting from the Suburban should I pull off? In other words, I don't really know what goes with the plow and what's specific to the truck, if that makes sense.

As always, thanks for the help and just let me know if I need to be more clear on the details.

2. basher

basher PlowSite Fanatic
    from 19707

If you have the ability then pull it all off. There is not a major demand for mounts for trucks that have not been made for 22 years but there is always someone, and the Nosepeice is worth something. The wiring harness and controls are the big thing, the plow is not worth much with-out them. Snoway is still supporting the 18/24/25 although with the new distribution system(dealers no longer have factory access)parts availability is uncertain. I know my pre-seaaon was lacking(back ordered) much(most) of the 18/24/25 support merchandise I ordered.

3. patterson

patterson Junior Member

Thanks Basher,

I sort of figured things might go that way. Basically, I sub a little for a buddy and do a few driveways for my turf customers, so it's hard to justify a new plow when this one works just fine.

I'm a little leery of installing the actual mounts myself, but how involved is the conversion kit?

I've already pulled out all the wiring and joystick from the old truck and I guess I'll do the mounts and stuff as well. As you said it might be worth something to somebody. Incidently, the new truck is just the 1500 4X4.

Thanks again.

4. basher

basher PlowSite Fanatic
    from 19707

Consider trading your existing unit in or selling it out right. The 25 is a heavy plow for the new 1500 chevy. You do not have the suspension or frame of your 87. A 26 series is a far better choice for your truck. When you consider that including all the harnesses,conversion kits, etc you could spend 1500/1700 dollars with out labor. and that would require installing a 26 series conversion kit on a 25 series plow, possible but not recommended. So add that $1500 and the $2K you get for the plow on the open market your pretty close to a new plow. One that is designed with today's trucks in mind.

5. patterson

patterson Junior Member

I sort of had an inkling that might be the case. That Suburban is a flat out beast. Of course, after a really hard life, it's a rusted out beast.

Hadn't really planned on a new plow, but I might just have to bite the bullet on that. I'll check around and see about a trade, or maybe just put it back on the 'Burban and sell it that way. If you can't tell already, I really don't want to go up another notch on the truck as the ONLY reason I'd need more truck than the 1500 would be to carry that plow. The rest of the year, the truck is perfect.

I really appreciate the heads up on this. I'm slowly learning to deal with the snow stuff in the summer so I don't have to worry about it in December. Anything I can do for ya, let me know.

Thanks

6. firehall1

firehall1 Junior Member

do you wanna sell your snoway?

7. patterson

patterson Junior Member

Hi Firehall,

Actually, I decided to go a whole different direction. Happened upon a better deal on 3/4 ton Chevy, so we're going to move the plow over to that. Now, if you're really wanting a completely rusted out '87 Suburban...

8. basher

basher PlowSite Fanatic
    from 19707

What year and model chevy?

9. 84K2500

84K2500 Junior Member

What would you take for the nosepiece and subframe mounts? I have a 25 that I need to put on an 84 K2500 Pickup.

10. basher

basher PlowSite Fanatic
    from 19707

call Kim at 888 4482464 you need a 9910088, 99103002, and 99100196 harness and possibly an adapter