1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

25 Series DP switch

Discussion in 'Sno-Way Discussion' started by rocklandfarm, Dec 12, 2007.

1. rocklandfarm

rocklandfarm Junior Member
    from Ct.

Why do things always seem break the day before or the day of the storm?Any way the DP switch on my 8 ft 25 series is broken.The switch must have broken inside because the toggle is just flopping around.Now my down pressure is always on.No time to get a new switch before the storm.Does anyone know how to easily by pass the down pressure so the plow functions as a gravity down until I can get a switch.And is Sno-Way the only place to get this switch.Thanks for any help you can give me.
  2. hydro_37

hydro_37 PlowSite Veteran
    from iowa

Take the control box apart and disconnect the power wire for the DP. If this won't get you by I am sure Basher will have a better idea.
  3. basher

basher PlowSite Fanatic
    from 19707

Disconnect the wire from the DP solenoid and pressure switch under the pump cover
  4. rocklandfarm

rocklandfarm Junior Member
    from Ct.

Thanks Guys.Good to go now.Thought I would make some money.But looks like it's borderline for a plowable snow on the CT. shoreline.Maybe we will get some snow overnite.Got my fingers crossed this year won't be like last year.