1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

.25 miles x .25 miles bid

Discussion in 'Bidding & Estimating' started by MnM, Oct 27, 2009.

1. MnM

MnM Senior Member

I read a article in snow magizine that said this year more and more customers will want more work for less money. That is the situatiopn in my area. My question is this. I have a shopping center that is .25 miles x .25 miles. It is wide open and no walk ways need to be done. The bid is 0-2, 2.1-5, 5.1-8, 8.1-12. How many hours would yall think it would take 2- 3500s with 8611s. Or better yet, what would you charge for plowing this lot. thanks in advance
  2. salopez

salopez Senior Member

if i did my math right, this is a 48 acre property? how much space is taken up by the buildings?

or correct my math...
  3. plowinginma

plowinginma Senior Member
    from MA

it would be 40 acres.. based on the # he gave .. and ya probably need a bit more than a couple of trucks.. unless of course there is never anyone there and you like to drive loops at 90 MPH
    Last edited: Oct 27, 2009
  4. cet

cet PlowSite Fanatic

If that is clear pavement then you don't have close to enough equipment. You couldn't get a 12" snowfall cleared in 24 hours let alone in a timely manner. JMO
  5. cretebaby

cretebaby PlowSite Veteran

No offense but do you have any concept how big 40 acres is?

Nice math, much better than Sal's :laughing:
    Last edited: Oct 27, 2009
  6. Camden

Camden PlowSite Fanatic

In all fairness to the OP, he could easily rent enough equipment to do the job. None of us know what his plans are so there's no need to pounce.
  7. cretebaby

cretebaby PlowSite Veteran

Very true, except for this question that he asked.

8. plowinginma

plowinginma Senior Member
    from MA

There is no way that anyone could plow what sounds to be a big shopping mall or office park with just 2 trucks.. and have any level of service.. he will need some level of equipment support at the very least.. He may also be just guessing on the # of how large the property is.. good luck MnM
  9. MnM

MnM Senior Member

i must have given the wrong measurements. no way is it 40 acres. the lot is 1400 ft x 1400 ft. Now how does that equal 40 something acres......I do a similar lot that is about a third of this one. I just wanted to know everyones opinion. I will try and post a google earth link
  10. procut

procut Senior Member

Well if it 1400 x 1400 now were up to 45 acres.
  11. 2COR517

2COR517 PlowSite Fanatic

I would think those two trucks could barely clear 2 inches in 10-12 hours. Especially if the snow is all going to one or two edges.

Is this another joke thread?
  12. dannyslawn

dannyslawn Senior Member

JB, I'am real close to your town and wouldn't mind helping you figure this one out. Give me an e-mail at dannyslawn@aol.com
  13. Camden

Camden PlowSite Fanatic

1400 x 1400 = 1960000 sq ft

1960000/43560 = 44.96 acres

I see that you're a member of SIMA. Perhaps this would be a good time to call your "buddy" and ask him for advice.
  14. toby4492

toby4492 2000 Club Member

It almost has to be unless he meant he has a couple of those Meyers Ultramounts :waving: