1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

25 D No Down Pressure

Discussion in 'Truck & Equipment Repair' started by djmatty, Dec 27, 2012.

1. djmatty

djmatty Junior Member

Hey Basher, I have a 25D. The plow works fine, but no down pressure. The light comes on, fluid id good, cleaned and checked all the connections. What has me stumped is that switch on the pump cover. I don't have a jack so I never use it to remove the plow. However, when I engage the toggle switch on the control (Yellow rocker style), and hit the switch on the pump cover UP or DOWN, the plow raises. Is there a way to test the switch out?? The downpressure worked every year till now. Is there a way to test the other solenoids?? Not sure which one controlls the down pressure...
  2. basher

basher PlowSite Fanatic
    from 19707

If you don't use the switch remove it. My first guess is you have the predator paw switch (the one on the pump cover) improperly configured. Send me an email (address in sig) and I'll send you PDFs of the manuals for your plow and the instructions for the PP switch so you know how to remove it..