1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

25" a-frame to a 29" a-frame for MM plow?can it be done?

Discussion in 'Fisher Engineering Discussion' started by my94dakota, Dec 19, 2008.

1. my94dakota

my94dakota Junior Member
    from maine

I have a 95 dakota and the mm plates are 29 1/8" apart.the plow I can get is a 6.5 but the hook ups are only the 25" a frame,can I get a 29" a frame to put on the plow?
  2. JD-ME

JD-ME Junior Member
    from Maine

25" to 29" Plow frames

I just researched the same question a few weeks ago. I had a MM1 7.6 SD on a 94 Dakota. I tried to move the plow side gear to a MM2 mount on a different truck. First, I found that the MM1 headgear didn't clear the bumper of the new truck, so I hoped to just swap the headgear, and continue to use my old 7.6 MM1 plow. Then I found out about the 25" vs. 29 inch A-frame on the plow. MM1 is 25", MM2 is 29". After some research, the dealer did find a part number listing for a replacement A-frame to convert a MM1 blade to a MM2 headgear. It sounds like that's what you need.