1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

24D on 2008 Tacoma

Discussion in 'Sno-Way Discussion' started by gmonast, Dec 11, 2008.

1. gmonast

gmonast Junior Member

Hello,
    I'm hoping I have come to the right place.

I own a 24D plow that is in great working condition. I bought it in 1996, for my 1995 Tacoma.
    Last winter, I traded the truck (w/o plow) for a 2008 Tacoma after being told by a Sno-Way dealer that the plow would fit the 08. After he removed the plow from the 95, he told me that it would NOT fit.

Is this true? Isn't there a mount that would make this possible? If not, can I some how modify the old mount?

If there is no way for me to use the 24D with the 08, is there a way to find out what vehicles it will fit, using the 05 Tacoma mount?

Thank you in advance.
    Gerry

2. carl b

carl b PlowSite.com Addict
    from Ohio

with a wielder any thing is possible . if you can wire it you can make the bottom rack fit .

3. gmonast

gmonast Junior Member

Are you saying that is my only option?

4. carl b

carl b PlowSite.com Addict
    from Ohio

no you need to wait & see what a few guys like basher say they know snow-a-way the best here . he will tell you the best way.
    BTW I think they work for snow-a-way so they have all the info you could ever need

5. I'm sure the frame on the taco changed from 95 to 08.

6. rhkfwain

rhkfwain Senior Member
    from FWA, IN

The mount that you have will fit a Toyota Tacoma 1995-2004 and Toyota Forerunner 1996-2002. We do not have a mounting for the 24D Series Plow to fit 2008 Tacoma. Based on the weight of the plow that we currently recommend for the Tacoma, your 24D Series Plow is too heavy to fit on the newer application.

You can go to our website and use the application guide for additional information.

Last edited: Dec 12, 2008
  7. gmonast

gmonast Junior Member

Is there a mount available to attach my 24D to a 2000 Ford Ranger?