1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

24d Down Pressure Questions?

Discussion in 'Sno-Way Discussion' started by brianbora1, Jan 19, 2008.

1. brianbora1

brianbora1 Member

The plow will raise when the down pressure toggle switch is activated. The down pressure light will not come on also, checked the light and it works. What is going on? Also I am looking for the light coversion for this plow. Any help I would greatly appreciate it. Thanks Brian

2. basher

basher PlowSite Fanatic
    from 19707

Could be a wiring issue or a DP coil and valve, download the manuals from the SW web site.

http://www.snoway.com/service/Owner Manuals/97100200E.pdf

We have some used light kits for the 24/25 series. They don't include the lights or harnesses. they are available new from us or your local SW dealer.

If you are interested in the light kit contact me though the snowtech email.

3. James48843

James48843 Junior Member

I had this problem- and it turned out to be a bad wiring issue- and a bad ground issue. Check the wire runs carefully, and also check that the ground wire is properly grounded. The electical diagram is in the manual.

4. brianbora1

brianbora1 Member

Thanks guys! I have been trying to test all wires and now I have the light working but no down pressure. The plow still raises when I activate the down pressure. Any more suggestions. Basher I will get ahold of you in ref of the light set-up (pm). Thanks again!!! Brian

5. basher

basher PlowSite Fanatic
    from 19707

sorry brian but you cann't use the PM system until you have a few more posts use the snowtech@del.net address

Raising under DP is normally a stuck DP cartridge.