1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

245/75/16's

Discussion in 'Used Plowing and Truck Equipment Forum' started by William B., Apr 19, 2005.

1. William B.

William B. Senior Member
    from S.E. IA

I have a set of 4 Bridgestone tires that I would like to sell They have approx 5000 miles on them. The size is 245/75/16. They are currently still on the truck. I am not going to pull them off til I know someone is going to buy them. I am asking 450-475. Local pickup prefered.
    Thanks

William

2. William B.

William B. Senior Member
    from S.E. IA

Sold

William

3. Yaz

Yaz PlowSite.com Addict
    from NH

Don't spend that money! put towards the :( no plow :( LOL What did you end with on your truck for a new tire? I want to put on the BFG 285-75-16. They fit purfect on my 1500 people have been saying they may rub on the GMC 2500's. It seams to have pleanty of room up front for them.

Last edited: Apr 22, 2005
  4. William B.

William B. Senior Member
    from S.E. IA

I am getting some Cooper Discover S/t's 285/75/16

William

5. bugthug

bugthug Senior Member
    from Pa

how are you guys gonna run 285s when 265/75/16s rub on my 03 1500hd

6. William B.

William B. Senior Member
    from S.E. IA

On the 2500HD's there is a factory 2 in body lift. You can run 285's with no problem. Usually you have to turn up the t-bars in the front alittle, which is no big deal because my truck sits nose heavy anyways. So it will level it out and allow room for the tires. It's a very common size to see get put on these trucks.

William

7. T-MAN

T-MAN PlowSite.com Addict

Also with the 285s when you hang a blade on that truck it will help with the plow frame scraping on curbs. Every lil bit helps with the GM trucks. Timbrens are a must also.
    Todd