1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

24 +

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by Lou, Dec 5, 2001.

1. Lou

Lou Member

Boy has it been coming down.....working like a morgan in a redwood forest. Lots of snoooooooow. Have a great season......
  2. Rooster

Rooster Member
    from Kansas

When you need a break send the snow to Kansas will ya?

Have a GREAT winter
  3. sonjaab

sonjaab PlowSite.com Addict

LOU, Lucky you !

Syracuse NY praying for lake effect!
  4. John Allin

John Allin PlowSite.com Addict

Be careful what you pray for......

PINEISLAND1 PlowSite.com Veteran

Whats a Morgan? :confused:

It is now 70 degrees here and sunny !

If there is a morgan here I'm sure its sweating!
  6. 75

75 PlowSite.com Addict

Today's high was about 15 Celcius. "Low" predicted of 11 Celcius tonight. Seasonal average: high 1 Celcius, low -6 Celcius.

:confused: as to which month it is! Feels more like March.
  7. Got Grass?

Got Grass? Senior Member

It's was warmer here in Buffalo today then it was in Phoenix. :cool:
    Now this is getting weird. 73, shorts, flowers and cherry blossoms on december 5th IN BUFFALO?
    :confused: :rolleyes:

Snojab I'm w/ you on this one.
  8. finnegan

finnegan Senior Member

got grass, hang in there,check out millenniumweather.com, buffalo will always get enough snow to make owning a plow worth it:eek: :D :eek:
  9. Lou

Lou Member

A morgan is a heavy duty work horse ( the four footed kind)
    JOHN ALLIN.....you were so right.....got up today with an additional 10". Started plowing right away. Got stuck not quite right away. After I got out, it started warming up....what a mess.
    It's raining now and here I am having a cup of coffee and yaking with you guys......BUT the roads are done.!
  10. speedracer241

speedracer241 Senior Member

it was a beautiful 70 degrees at 8 am today. had a cold front come thru thus afternoon, droped about 15 degrees in 15 minutes. its still looking to be above average temps here for a while longer:(

hope we get some snow for xmas
    Mark K
  11. litle green guy

litle green guy Senior Member

70 degree's and sunny here, is it may? I think i give up on snow this year.

Snow for christmas would be nice as long as it's not on christmas.
  12. 66Construction

66Construction Senior Member

Same deal here in Albany.

Worked in a T-shirt today. This time last year I think I had been out2-3 times already, nothing real big but never the less I plowed some snow.
  13. jason2

jason2 PlowSite.com Veteran

We're getting the same storms as you. I'm already running out of room to put snow at my house. Next step is getting a cat to come out. There's still about 300 homes here without power. They've been without power for 5 days now. Predicting no power for them until sunday.
    This snow is so heavy and wet. Tough on trucks. Replaced both hubs on my truck so far. No clue on accumulation here, last I checked on Saturday we had 24 inches. We've had more since, and as of now we're under a winter storm warning again.
    Just got up as I'm expecting the call to go and plow again. I guess we must be very lucky to be getting all this snow. Or are we? :)
  14. captjack

captjack Member

I ran the boat down the river for it's last(maybe) splash of diesel for the winter. Im at the gas dock in shorts almost sweating fueling the boat up. It felt kinda wierd to be doing this in dec in shorts while listening to x-mass tunes.
    Something is just not right with the weather this year.

Chicago could use a blast !
  16. Lou

Lou Member

Guess all you guys who had the sunshine are gearin' up for the storm headed your way.......have fun and make that ching ching
  17. Got Grass?

Got Grass? Senior Member

Nope, Still wating in sunny Buffalo NY. 80% chance of snow tonight w/ 1-2 inches mostly south and east of here, 6+ in the hills. So I looks like we are going to miss out on this one and get back up arround 50 all next week. :confused: