1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

24" Valparaiso, Indiana

Discussion in 'Storm Pictures' started by valpoguy, Feb 4, 2009.

1. valpoguy

valpoguy Member

Awesome! thats all i can say, my first real snow.

DSC_2193.jpg

DSC_2203.jpg

DSC_2213.jpg

DSC_2214.jpg

DSC_2216.jpg

2. MileHigh

MileHigh PlowSite.com Addict

Holy Chit...

Nice pics:drinkup:

Why do your plow lights look so jacked up?

3. tls22

tls22 PlowSite Veteran

wow nice pics....and a crap load of snow. Im going to delete my thread now:rolleyes:

4. valpoguy

valpoguy Member

I found marge simpson while plowing a driveway

DSC_2219.jpg

DSC_2223.jpg

DSC_2224.jpg

DSC_2225.jpg

DSC_2226.jpg

5. NBI Lawn

NBI Lawn PlowSite.com Addict

I think we need more pictures of the truck pushing all that snow

6. valpoguy

valpoguy Member

What do you mean?

7. ibew697

ibew697 Junior Member

Plowing Chesterton/Valpo/Portage

what's up brother....i'll try add some more pics of the storm below....
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    this was picture was taken at 4:30pm on Tuesday after work....
    [​IMG]
    my wife got home from work @ 7:30pm Tuesday...so her vehicle didn't have any snow on it and i took this picture around 9:00am Wed.
    [​IMG]

Hopefully this pics will work....not sure if i did this right...

IMG_1113.jpg

IMG_1115.jpg

IMG_1117.jpg

IMG_1109.jpg

IMG_1132.jpg

8. valpoguy

valpoguy Member

Are you working or on the books? I looks like we have a big job down in Morocco, which is 697 territory.

Nice pics as well, There was a crapload of snow wasn't there

9. ibew697

ibew697 Junior Member

yea...but wait till saturday when it is supposed to be 50 degrees...it will be a huge mess here...check your private messages.

10. ibew697

ibew697 Junior Member

11. GSShelper

GSShelper Member

Wow

how many hours did you guys put in ,,, in valpo,,,,??? i guess i need to gets me a job in valpo to make more moneypayup, we didnt get but a couple of flurries here in hammond,,,,:jester:

12. clncut

clncut PlowSite.com Addict

Lake effect

Gotta love lake effect!! Hit everyone twice, gas stations and townhomes 3-4 times. payup Drifiting was a PITA. I passed a city truck on its side in a ditch and some roads I was plowing snow with the blade all the way up! The warm up this weekend will be nice but Im not looking forward to the mess that is going to occur. Tom said colder is behind this warmup with a stormy pattern ahead.

Timberseal, I passed one of your trucks plowing a lot at Napoleon and Cambel. I think its a bar/restaurant?

Well its time for some invoicing and much needed sleep!

John

13. clncut

We put in 22 hrs with 3 trucks running.

14. FordFisherman

FordFisherman PlowSite.com Addict
    from 06611

Those v-plows stack real nice. Nice pics.

15. timberseal

timberseal Senior Member
    from 46385

Hey John

Fun wasn't it :) about 36 hours of plowing here. We plow the dash parking lot and the new c21 building right there so yep that was me. That snow was relentless. I think it was putting down about 3 inches an hour for a bit there. On the radio (IN105 anyway) they kept saying all of Valpo was shut down but the Chicago Dash was clear and running with the buses lined up ready to go. I wanted a plug damnit :cool::D

16. ibew697

ibew697 Junior Member

I went out at 10:00pm on Tuesday night and i know the other guys had been out since around 8:00am in Chesterton. We finished up at 9:00am Wed. then went back out at 10:00pm Wed. for clean up. I was only out about 8-9 hours, but the others probably had around 20-30 hrs. from Tuesday day till Wednesday night.....gotta love it.....

17. timberseal

timberseal Senior Member
    from 46385

8am tuesday to about 9pm last night here. I was absolutely beat.

Picked up another nice account though yesterday.... someone wasn't doing their job appearantly. We bid it back in the fall but they went with the cheaper guy. Called me yesterday "hoping" we could finish out the season for them wesport

18. grsp

grsp Member
    from indiana

if anyone out there in valpo needs snow piles moved, or piles stacked higher we will be available starting friday morning. we have finished all of our lots tonight. 4 loaders with huge snow buckets make quick work of things. will charge a very fair hourly rate. can contact me at 219-707-7715.

greg

19. Ramairfreak98ss

Ramairfreak98ss PlowSite.com Addict

hows that Hummer push snow? guess its pretty good sine theyre heavy, powerful, heavy frame etc.. neat pics! Ive NEVER plowed anything over 5" in the last 3 years :/ I cant wait for the day till i get to "work" one of our diesel F350s in some real snow! Ive never made a big snow pile or snow bank, never had the truck even "feel" like its pushing anything substantial yet.

Id love to get a pile so big in window to the side that its manhandling the truck lol.

20. clncut

did you ever get my message on that account in Kouts you called me on? I tried returning your phone call but your message box was full, probably from all those accounts your picking up!! payup