1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

24" storm 12-30-12

Discussion in 'Storm Pictures' started by MSS Mow, Jan 1, 2013.

1. MSS Mow

MSS Mow Senior Member
    from Maine

A few pics from Sunday's storm that dumped 24" of fresh powder. We also got 9" of wet snow on Friday. It's been a very busy few days!! :)payupwesport

First picture is of the Boss 9'2" stacking snow.
    2nd picture is of a driveway that I plow that neighbor made a complete mess of by plowing their snow across the road into this driveway.
    3rd pic is of another driveway I plow.
    4th pic, another driveway I plow.
    5th pic, my brother stuck with the Ford F350, which required a wrecker. Other than this, we were unscathed.

Skip - Ackley Road1.jpg
  2. GMCHD plower

GMCHD plower PlowSite.com Addict

You and your brother have a thing for getting stuck eh? Lol just joking around Dean.
  3. BC Handyman

BC Handyman PlowSite.com Addict

I hope your customer knows you didnt leave it like that. I'd be pissed with neighbor, & having a chat with them.
  4. MSS Mow

MSS Mow Senior Member
    from Maine

LOL. It seems that way sometimes. We do plow some pretty crappy places that a person tends to get stuck in more often. Plus we don't mind laughing at ourselves after the fact. I'm betting everyone here gets stuck too. If you say you don't, you're either lying or you haven't plowed very much.

Oh yes she knows. She actually sent me a facebook message saying it happened, again. My customer is an older lady and doesn't want to upset the neighbor by saying something but I think she's getting fed up with it because she called the cops on him this time. :gunsfiring:
  5. MSS Mow

MSS Mow Senior Member
    from Maine

A few pics after the storm.

6. GMCHD plower

Both rigs look sweet! And no, by no means am I saying I havent been stuck, I just dont take pictures lol, can't have any evidence!
  7. MSS Mow

MSS Mow Senior Member
    from Maine

Getting stuck doesn't really bother me, other than spending the time to get out. A picture never hurts to remind us of our screw ups. lol

Here's a couple more for ya. This is of a friend who is stuck.

Last edited: Jan 1, 2013
  8. xgiovannix12

xgiovannix12 PlowSite.com Addict

Every 1 gets stuck sooner or later.

Cough I never get stuck Cough... yea ok Ill admit I got stuck a few times :rolleyes:
  9. Camden

Camden PlowSite Fanatic

So your customer's driveway is under the snow trails that the guy left behind? How could anyone think that's okay??

Had you already plowed the driveway or were you just showing up to do it?
  10. MSS Mow

MSS Mow Senior Member
    from Maine

Yes there is a driveway under there, somewhere. It's paved too. I have no idea why someone would think it's ok.

I had not plowed it yet. It's near the end of my route, as she's an older retired woman that doesn't not have to be out early. I may move it to the front end for the next storm to see what the neighbor does if I've already plowed it. The biggest problem, aside from leaving the mess on the driveway, is all the extra snow added to the piles. It is a small yard already so there is not a lot of room to push extra snow.
  11. GMCHD plower

The 350 looks like it is a tank with those tires, and some weight.
  12. dfd9

dfd9 PlowSite.com Addict

I had a guy push some snow across one of my driveways and left trails all over it, not as bad, but similar. I was still plowing the lot so I watched him as I was plowing, waiting for him to clean it up. I went over before he was finished and said "You're going to clean up those trails before you leave, right?"

He says, "Oh yeah, I was planning on it, I usually end up cleaning up behind you blah, blah, blah.".

I said "Good, because I have had to clean up behind you several times and we don't leave snow in someone else's driveway so no you haven't cleaned up behind me or my guys."

Try to catch him sometime. The other alternative is to catch the guy and tell him you will plow every flake of snow from your drive and the road into the entrance to his customer if he can't\won't clean it up. I've done that before with just as good results.
  13. MSS Mow

MSS Mow Senior Member
    from Maine

It is, as long as we keep it out of the ditch!! :laughing:

My customer had a chat with him so we'll see how it goes the next storm. If he does it again, I will return all his snow to his yard. I'm done being the nice guy.
  14. unhcp

unhcp PlowSite.com Addict

Damn that's alot of snow!
  15. peteo1

peteo1 PlowSite.com Addict

Add a little extra snow from the road too. If you're going to plow someone in, go all out!
  16. xgiovannix12

xgiovannix12 PlowSite.com Addict

Make sure he needs a pay loader to get out . :laughing:
  17. ByDesign

ByDesign Senior Member

Specs on the 350? Lift? Tires? Spacers?
  18. MSS Mow

MSS Mow Senior Member
    from Maine

Thumbs Up

Oh he will. :gunsfiring:

No lift/spacers. Tires are Goodyear Duratracs, studded. Truck is a 2001 Ford F350 XL. No bells/whistles. It does have the 7.3L Diesel with only about 45000 miles. Flat bed dump.
  19. ByDesign

ByDesign Senior Member

Stock size tires?
  20. Dan85

Dan85 Senior Member

Nice trucks and nice pics.

It is absolutely insane how people lose bearing on what is right and wrong when the snow starts flying; how in the world is it ok to push snow across the road, up onto another person's property like that? I would give the guy something in writing, telling him that you'll start billing him at his expense to remove the snow.

Ideally, it would be best to return all the snow to their site (I'm running around in a backhoe and believe me, Ive wanted to do that before) but you have to remember, you have no idea who you're messing with these days.